c section booked 4/4..... show and contractions

Teeny

Reaction score
hi all, I went to the mat assessment yesterday as was getting some small gushing when I moved around and some had pinky colour. they checked me out and said my waters hadn't gone and took some swabs etc to check for an infection......results due sat.
went home, got a few more gushes, browny in colour but nothing major.
hen over night I've started to lose my plug, some brown streaked, some pink, no red blood. I've been getting some pains really low down in my belly and lower back, tried to measure them but they can go off if I move so assuming not contractions? although some are quite sharp.
I call mat assessment again and was told there was not point in coming in as the dr would just send me home as pains were then 45mins apart ish......
she said I should only go ack really if pains are 10mins apart or my waters go.....muttering something about breech babies can be delivered normally too so I shouldn't panic.
obviously I'm worried as had just to my head round planned section, and now I might have to have an emergency one! I feel like 10 mins apart is too far long into labour to go in as they know baby is breech so can't understand, if I'm showing early signs of labour, at 38 plus 2weeks, why they don't bring me in earlier to avoid emergency c section.....
can anyone offer any advice?
x

contractions 10 mins apart really isn't that far into labour, they don't usually want you to come into the labour suite until they're much closer together. You could just be having false labour or slow labour pains and so they won't want to get the baby out unless it's actually labour as the longer the baby is in there the better.

Bless ya! Hows things now?? I was told by my MW that if my waters go or i feel im going into labour too get myself straight to the maternity ward where i would get checked over and they would decided if they would c-sect me then or wait too see what happened. Im same as you and petrified of it all, i think if it was me id be ringing them back up and telling them that you are concerned as baby is breech and you are not sure what is going on and you want too be checked over chick xx

My waters broke a week and a half before my section was planned and I had to go to the hospital straight away. I know its worrying that it will then be an emergency section but unless baby is in distress or you are infill established labour then they will wait a little bit of time and it will be just like a planned. I went into the hospital at 7.30pm and has to wait until 11.30pm at least as I had last eaten at 5.30pm and they wanted me to have not eaten for 6 hours. This gave them the time to make it more of a planned section so it was much more relaxed. X x x

My waters broke a week and a half before my section was planned and I had to go to the hospital straight away. I know its worrying that it will then be an emergency section but unless baby is in distress or you are infill established labour then they will wait a little bit of time and it will be just like a planned. I went into the hospital at 7.30pm and has to wait until 11.30pm at least as I had last eaten at 5.30pm and they wanted me to have not eaten for 6 hours. This gave them the time to make it more of a planned section so it was much more relaxed. X x x

thanks, that's what I would want, don't mind it being early due to going into labour but don't want to have gone through a few days of labour pains first. think will phone back this eve and hopefully speak to a diff midwife if things haven't got any better. Im still passing mucus/plug and getting pains every 40 mins. getting a bit fed up of it and either want to progress or taper off.
was saying to hubby that if I knew I was having a vaginal birth I could deal with it as a means o getting things going but knowing baby is breech it is just frustrating
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->