C section complications / scar tissue and TTC

Katzie

Reaction score
Almost 8 years ago, when my DD was born I had severe complications from my C section and had to be rushed to hospital. because for the following 6 months it was never treated properly I developed scar tissue. I had laparoscopy surgery overseas and they warned me about possible infertility but I didn’t care that much back then.

Now that I’m getting ready for DC #2 I’m starting to get worried about all of this scar tissue and how t will affect my chances. We haven’t even started trying , but if there’s a chance it will slow things down and I need to do something about I’d rather to start the TTC period ASAP so we can get that secondary infertility sorted.

I guess the bottom line, has anybody here developed secondary infertility due to c section complications and how long did it take to conceive?

Hello Amy! The problem in my case was not the C section in itself, but that the dr’s did a botched one. I had to be rushed to hospital with a severe infection that turned to sepsis and almost died (to this date I still cant remember much of my daughter’s first month). All of those infection and improper follow ups is what created the scar tissue. So I’m more than sure that you’ll be fine :)

Hello,

Following the birth of my son (C-section) I also had a severe infection that was resistant to all medications. I almost died and have a had six cut you open surgeries. I had no issues getting pregnant with my daughter and also had a successful VBAC.

Don't stress too much! �� Happy thoughts ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"