c section question

kayla93

Reaction score
So I am scheduled for a c section on the 25th. :) I am so happy to finally get to have my daughter. :) Anyway, I was just wondering who is allowed to hold my baby when I am getting stitched back up? I know they say that they will take her and OH upstairs to the OB ward.The only reason I am wondering is because my OH's stepmother is extremely overbearing, and I feel as if she will try to take over my daughter while I am getting stitched up. We felt we had to tell them when the c section is scheduled because my parents and his mother will be there, so we felt it wasnt fair to not tell them. It may seem silly, its just that she has never had kids,and she seems to be trying to live that part of her life through me and I dont want her taking over my daughter before I even get to hold her.

The hospital where I am delivering only will let me and DH (or one other person) in the recovery room for the 1st hour with the baby. Then the 2nd hour, the sibling can come visit... so on and so forth. So, she shouldn't be able to hold your baby for the first hour while you recover with your OH and baby. :)

when i had my c section OH was in the room and he held her standing next to me while they stitched me up. i am planning to do the same this time.

at my hospital visitors are not allowed (besides the 1 person you mention, usually OH) until you are out of surgery and recovery room and get to the room you will be actually staying at.

I'm not sure if its different for other countries, but for me, my DD was on my chest whilst they stitched me up.

I had Emergency section. My husband was with me the whole time and he sat next to me holding our son while i was stched up (about 40 minutes he tells me). Then once they moved me across from the table onto the bed they put my son next to me and wheeled me to recovery. My son was never not with me the whole time i was in hospital.

thanks ladies :) I was planning on asking for sure what our hospitals policy is next week when we have our next appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->