C section recovery

T

tinytoes

Think I'm heading towards making my decision on c section V vaginal.

I've a few questions I'd just like to ask those who've been there and bought the t-shirt:

1) How long until you could walk?
2) How long until you could pick baby up from a cot / pram etc?
3) How long until you could drive?
4) Did you feel you missed out?

1) Took a few days as the pain was unbearable, could walk but it was more of a hobble and felt rough as hell!! lol

2)This was the hardest part, being in hospital and the baby crying and me not being able to pick him up, it was a good few weeks before i could pick him up without being in pain.

3) They say 6 weeks but i started driving after 4 as thats when i felt comfortable to do so.

4) yes definitely, the whole experience was awful and the pain afterards made it ten times worse. Thats why im hoping so much for a vaginal birth this time and being able to move/pick my baby up without being in agony!

1. Shuffled up to toilet 24 hours later.
2.Picked them up a few hours after operation
3.around 4 weeks.
4.No not at all. Have had i emergency section and 2 planned and having third planned in May. The first was the worst (emergency). Had her on the Friday and went home on the Sunday.
I wish you well :hugs:

1) They had me walking to and fro the toilet the next morning. I hated them.LOL
2) Different situation for me. Cannot relate to this.
3) I started driving 4 weeks after. I felt good enough to do so
4) Because of the type of csection I had I definetely feel I missed out on a somewhat natural experience. I will never be able to experience this in my life time. So yes I feel like im cheated out of a "normal" birth experience.

If you plan on having a large family I would not suggest c-section. It limits how many babies you can have. I think I will only get 2 more kids out of it (thats ok I only want 3 or even just 2 LOL). Do your research and talk to your doctors. It's a very important decision to make. One you cannot take back.

Also take into consideration the scar you will have on your belly forever. I am still numb in one spot and my tummy will never be flat again. Im definetely not saying don't get it done but I just want to tell you on my personal experience and that if given the choice I would rather have natural birth (that could be because I wasn't given the choice because it was an emergency and because I had to deal with an infection afterwards)

Good luck with your decision :)

1) Took me a good week to walk upright- did a lot of hobbling around! They made me stand up and walk the day after, I wanted to KILL them!
2) I could pick her up fine once I actually tried to (4 days after birth, once we got home). But it's not so bad to bend just a tiny bit to a cot or pram. It's more HELL trying to get out of bed to get to baby without wanting to scream, lol!
3) I don't remember when it was I actually drove again after- hubby did most driving. But it was probably a few weeks.
4) I do kinda feel like I missed out, but more than anything I wish I could have had the option of natural- I'd rather go that way!!! Honestly hun, the pain of healing from a c-section can be horrid. Every woman I've ever talked to who had gone through BOTH said they'd take a natural delivery any day over a c-section. Plus you have to go through healing and the scar that's left over...

I have to have another c-section with this one, and I can honestly say that I'm less than thrilled!!! Good luck in whatever you choose- either way you're getting a wonderful baby!!!:hugs:

oh god.. I have c section in 9 days:(:(:(:(:):)( dreading it now lol

1) Every woman I've ever talked to who had gone through BOTH said they'd take a natural delivery any day over a c-section. :

Not me - I spoke to a friend who had both adn she said she'd choose a c section every time!

My worry is I'm gauranteed to split a lot...urm..so much to think about but i'm still leaning towards the C...ah well.

I got out of bed and showered 24 hours later and walked to the food trolley rather than having some one bring it in for me. Took a week before I felt fit enough to actually walk out any where rather than just walking around the house

I picked bubs up only a few hours after the operation. I will admit it did pull to sit up was slightly painful and uncomfortable but you have remote controll beds any way. lol

Driving completey depends on how quickly you recover, I drove 3.5 weeks after but you WILL need to check your insurance company is prepared to cover you in the event of an accident.

Personally speaking, i'd wished i'd been able to have a Natural birth but again mine was an emergency c-section. I do feel robbed still of my birth plan etc but I only had approx 15 mins from seeing the consultant to going into theatre to adjust to having the c-section and I wasnt prepared in my mind for it really.

I think next time will be a whole difference experience but as Steph said earlier, gone are the days of ever having a flat tum.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->