C-section with a rotten cold

petitpas

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a previous section and it was a beautiful experience. I'd love my next one (in three days) to be the same.
However, I've got a rotten cold I just cannot shake. I've had it since the first week of December it just seems to cycle over and over again. At the moment I have a throat that feels very swollen when I lie down and I struggle to swallow. My nose is streaming and my sinuses are so full that when I start getting a contraction I can feel it in there first.
My gp prescribed me antibiotics just in case but they aren't working. So, my questions to you ladies are: will this affect my section? Would they maybe postpone it? What can I do to help?
Has anyone else been ill for their section?
We are planning on a spinal, btw.

I've just (11days ago) had a section with viral bronchitis. There was no question about it but it's not been much fun after with the coughing!

In fact I think I've made mine worse by suppressing the cough in the first few days post section. I'd suggest talking to your midwife/consultant

I've got my pre-op tomorrow. How did you cope during the section? I take it you couldn't cough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->