Cabin beds?

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Like a low one - are they any good? Or just a pain in the arse?? Xx

My eldest used to have one at grandparents house.
It was great as it had drawers underneath, so kept the room nice and tidy.

It was sold as the room now has bunk beds for both our girls.

I think they are good, Esp small rooms without much storage.

I had one when I was a kid, had a massive space underneath (my "den") and small cupboards.
I absolutely loved it and when my dad decided I should stop being such a big kid and bought me a normal bed I bawled hahaha.

Great for storage :thumbup:

I had one as a kid and I loved it! It was perfect for my small room. It had a desk and drawers underneath.

I want one for LO room when he is bigger :) xxx

Really good for space saving. I would recommend getting a wooden one as the metal ones are crap in my experience. They aren't as sturdy and remind me of hospital beds. Wood ones tend to be dearer but well worth the extra money IMO :flower:

Ivys bed is soooo good, i think i got it from DFS. Its got a pull-out desk, shelf space and space underneath the bed to make a cool little den! Definitely recommend it, Ivy absolutely loves it too.

This isnt exactly the same but hers is similar to this, same make as well

https://www.dfsbeds.co.uk/catalog/c...beds/Stompa_Uno_3A_Midsleeper_13126_1009.html

I had one when I was younger and in the box room.t had a wardrobe where I used to hide an a desk too.
It was a defo space saver as like I said I was in the box room and nothing else would fit in there.

Thanks ladies! Ideally I'm looking for quite a low one because she's only 3 - I have seen a couple but I just cannot decide!! xx

I had one, it was great for making dens and hiding away rubbish!

I'm not sure I'd put a 3 year old in anything higher than a standard bed, but how about one you can flip over like the Ikea one? https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80253809/ You could buy storage for under it later but for now it's a low bed that you can put curtains around.

Oh no, that looks cheap to me lol! I'm awful aren't I! Think I'm going to go for another storage cube and a wardrobe instead xx

DD has a mid sized one from M&S which she's been in since she was 3 years. It's great in her small room and because it's not to high it's pretty easy to change.

DS has a high sleeper which he got for Christmas (it's a 3rd hand Stompa-great but I wouldn't pay the £1000 they are supposed to be). His room is huge anyway but he wanted a spare bed for friends staying over but I didn't want a permanent single bed-this has a futon type thing underneath. Again it's great but I can't actually reach to change the bedding so OH has to do it.

My DD is a real climber and tbh even though they don't recommend high sleepers for under 6s I wouldn't have a problem with DD sleeping in they type if bed her brother has.

We bought one 2 weeks ago for my son...he absolutely loves it :) There is so much space to store/display things in...I would certainly recommend :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->