Caesar ?

pearlsandbows

Got our BFP on Xmas Day!
Reaction score
Hubby just loves the name Caesar for a boy. I'm not sure, sometimes I feel like I like it & sometimes I find it too unusual. Parents reactions have not been great either.
What do you think? Would be William for a middle name & our surname is short & plain so can take more unusual names!
xo.

It's not that odd to me, but definitely not a name that's used often.

Caesar William sounds fine to me but it's obviously up to you and OH. Don't worry about what other people think...Someone will always come up with a negative thing to say, unfortunately.

Btw just seen your signature. Go with Alexander William, it's gorgeous!

Thank you, I do like Alexander but my sister is Alexandra, that's all that puts me off!
xo.

Personally I don't like it but it may be one of those names that has to grow on you. I'm not a lover of William either though but I think that's just because of the people I've known called William.

Sorry it conjures up too many things for me, caeser salad, caesarians, pet food...William and Alexander are both great names though!

Sorry I'm not keen. I just think of Rex Harrison in a toga.

I don't like it. Makes me think of the west highland terrier on the dog food advert lol.

Thank you for all the comments. I would love William for a first name but it's a no with our surname. It was OH's grandad which is why we want it for a middle name. I really like the name Connor, it's been the one I have liked best from the start but OH has always said no it's too plain. This week he said well if you end up saying you want it we will have it. Which is kind of nice but also not that great that he is giving in rather than actually liking it!
xo.

I'm not a fan of Caesar, because of the connotation to the rulers of ancient Rome, but I do LOVE some old Italian/Latin names. Maybe there's another one that would be better suited?

I mean names like Tiberius, Titus, Lucius, etc.

I have a cat named Caesar haha. I think it's a cute name for my kitty but just because of that it's hard to picture a child with that name!

I am not a fan... sorry!! I think of Caesar Salad every time. I love Alexander and the nn Alex... that is my little brothers name, and he has always liked having that name!.:happydance:

I think it's different... Definitely unique. I imagine it would suit a strong masculine man.

It reminds me of Cesar Millan as well although spelt differently & I love him, but I think he pulls off the name with his Italian looks, not sure if a little pale skinned blonde boy would suit it which is undoubtedly what we would have! I am liking James again now nn Jamie.
xo.

Honestly my dh picked our sons name and at first I didn't like it but in like a coulpe of hours it grew on me and it was different I would find myself weeks later forgetting what it was but I wouldn't change his name it suits him like no other. I actualy love the name caesar and the fist and middle go really well. He is your baby and don't worry about other people if you and dh love the name that's all that matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->