Caffeine Effects to Adrenaline During Labor?

babmab

Reaction score
I have been having a small amount of coffee in the morning via coffee. I am curious if anyone has decided to kick the habit out of concern about the effects of caffeine on the adrenal system during labor. Since we want to stay as calm as possible during labor. I am planning an unmedicated birth for the best opportunity of a positive outcome.

I guess I am just looking or encouragement on this since it makes sense and it seems like this trimester would be the best time to wrap up the task of kicking the habit. I do remember being over panicked during my first labor, so I feel like its worth a shot!

I hadn't thought about it in relation to labor. I've always been a big coffee drinker, but with my first son I quit entirely and never looked back.. but with this pregnancy I had quit the coffee and started having awful headaches so I drink one cup a day and it helps. I haven't had this baby yet so I'm not sure how to say it affected me either way, but with my first son I attempted what I thought was a fully prepared unmedicated natural birth, but I just couldn't do it, the pain was blinding.. though I would try it again maybe next time (not this time..not ready yet :)) I'd still like to experience it at least once.

best of luck to you!

Ive had at least one cup of tea or coffee a day with all my pregnancies and i did all mine med free other then the gas and air.

I have a cappuccino each day and switch to decaf if I want anymore. You'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->