Caffeine (Tea and coffee)

Peppa2

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I just wondered if anybody has any advice on drinking tea during pregnancy?
I recently came across a document of foods to avoid during pregnancy and it had tea and coffee on it and said that you should not exceed 200mg of caffeine a day as it can increase the risk of miscarriage or give your baby a low birth rate. This is the equivalent of 2 mugs of tea a day. I have been drinking about 6/7 mugs a day! I have switched to decaff now and have 2 cups a day but feel guilty about that (TTC at the minute). Does anybody else avoid tea/coffee during pregnancy? Should I cut it out completely or is the decaff ok?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated
x

I've always been a tea and coffee addict. I did try to cut down during the first 12 weeks of each pregnancy but was still having more than 200mg. Both of my babies were big and healthy.

I wouldn't wory too much. I didn't really cut down until I got my BPF. I have one cup of tea a day now and drink water the rest of the time. I have had a little more though if we have been out as I may have a diet coke here and there. Just try not to have too much as caffeine reduces iron absorption

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->