Calling all Fitness Moms :)

jac4315

Married since 4/3/15
Reaction score
I need help...

A: I ate tooooo many sweets/snacks over Christmas & vacation (of course)

B: My "love handles" come and go all the time but now that I'm 9 weeks pregnant I want them to go away even more :wave:

My nurse wasn't to helpful, all she said was well walking is always good. Considering we don't have a treadmill and it's 20 degrees with ice and snow, I don't feel like walking outside! Does anyone have any safe exercises for getting rid of muffin top and my "bump" that's not a baby bump?? lol Thanks!

Honestly. If you werent doing exercise before pregnancy i wouldnt start now.

What were your activity levels before bfp?

Im wondering the same too - Before my BFP I was walking and running 5 times a week and now im down to a light walk 1-2 times a week for around 20mins and I have gained 7lb over Christmas, since May I have lost almost 5 1/2 stone... too but would like to keep up light walking and not gain to much :flower:

I have been practicing Dailey Method for about two years now. It's safe for pregnant women and there are tons of modifications for abdominal exercises that are safe all through the pregnancy. I go to a studio but I know they also have instructional videos. That and yoga are the safest for pregnancy from what I know...

Honestly. If you werent doing exercise before pregnancy i wouldnt start now.

What were your activity levels before bfp?

To be honest I didn't really do any excercising before. I mean I was active from sun up to sun down and still am but designated stuff sadly no :(

Then id stick to low level stuff. Walking, swimming etc.

I dont really see much point in ab work wilst preggo but thats me. I cant see the harm in doing a few squats, its not like were gonna refrain from sitting 😂

Swimming is fantastic exercise for you, especially when you are pregnant. It's low risk, low weight baring, and very good cardio. You work lots of muscles at once without risk of strain and it helps you to enjoy weightlessness

I'm still weight lifting. I don't do any core exercises though and I don't push myself too hard.

For weight loss you''re best eating a good diet and doing lots of walking/steady cardio. I just get on the treadmill at the gym and walk for 45min. I still do jumping jacks and explosive exercises, but if you didn't do anything before just keep it simple. Walking on the spot at home, up and down the stairs etc are all good. Sqauts and lunges, just be careful and listen to your body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->