Calling all health junkies!! Stevia and all natural pops .....

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with pops from whole foods or organic stores?? Seems like nothing stays down or settles but pop!!! I eat 90%clean/ organic, so pop on a daily basis grosses me out and makes me feel unsafe for baby..... I decided to try Some "all natural " pops, one is made with stevia and zero calories .... I know how horrible artificial sweeteners are and they are forbidden during pregnancy, suh as Splenda and equal....... Does stevia count or is it considered safe?!

I stopped my stevia for now because the taste of it in my tea made me so sick! I also found I need some form of sugar because my bloodsugar would drop and then I would get terribly sick. Will proceed with healthy living once the nause subsides.

Thanks so much!!!! I know it :/ these past few wks have had me eating things I never touch!!! Lol. Fast food, pop, chips, junk :( the only thing that stays down is salty and junky :/

I think stevia is fine, but as a PP suggested, it's OK to have some regular sugar too to help with blood sugar levels/reduce nausea. Ginger ale (the kind with real ginger in it) has been my friend lately.

BTW, LoveMy2Boys, I'm guessing you're from the Midwest? I grew up there too and always said "pop" until I moved to the West coast and people acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. I switched to "soda" pretty quickly. I miss pop. Sounds more fun. :thumbup:

Lol thanks and I'm from Michigan! Where did you live? I have step sisters who lived in Cali n AZ and called pop soda also lol they thought I was crazy saying pop !

Lol thanks and I'm from Michigan! Where did you live? I have step sisters who lived in Cali n AZ and called pop soda also lol they thought I was crazy saying pop !

I live in LA now. Grew up in Indiana. I literally had people looking at me with blank faces, saying what?, when I said pop. Crazy. :haha:

Haha I know what you mean! I have had many talks /arguments with my siblings across the country!

I live in LA now. Grew up in Indiana. I literally had people looking at me with blank faces, saying what?, when I said pop. Crazy. :haha:

Random but I lived in Texas and everyone there called everything coke. So when I wanted anything, I would say I wanted a coke. Lol. I had to get used to using pop. I don't like it still, and use coke whenever I can.

OP, stevia is fine but dont feel bad about eating crap. I eat nothing but. Not proud of it but whatevs.

Haha thanks, I feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one.... Pizza for dinner tonight! Coke is what settles my stomach!! The only pop I like is coke! I could understand the reasoning behind all pop being called coke ;)

I also ate mostly clean, healthy foods prior to pregnancy. I still do my best, but like another poster said, it seems the not-as-healthy stuff is all that will stay down sometimes (white crackers, potatoes, processed snacks, etc.). I NEVER drank pop before pregnancy, but I don't think a little sugar is bad, and I'm sure stevia's fine, too!

If you like ginger ale, you HAVE to try Starbucks' new hand-crafted Fizzio soda in Golden Ginger Ale. It's AMAZING! All natural and low-calorie (80 cals in a tall). I treat myself to one per week, and it's great for nausea, too!

Ohhh that sounds amazing!!!! Sadly I'm allergic to ginger :-( how terrifying during pregnancy!!!! I just want ginger ale. Ginger chews. Ginger tea, it helped wonders before..... I strangly just became allergic to it, never had issues before, one day I had a bad reaction to an organic ginger tea , put me in the hospital, ended up seeing an allergist and tested positive. Boooo to that!!!

Thank God my dr reassured me the first 3 months don't worry about what in consuming, the amount that goes down and stays down is what counts lol. Just feel like I'm so sluggish eating all this garbage but I rather be a lazy bum then puking 24/7 I guess! This nausea is brutal :/

Thank God my dr reassured me the first 3 months don't worry about what in consuming, the amount that goes down and stays down is what counts lol. Just feel like I'm so sluggish eating all this garbage but I rather be a lazy bum then puking 24/7 I guess! This nausea is brutal :/

That's too bad you're allergic to ginger ale!

I feel the same way. I used to probably eat 90% healthy, clean foods...now it's down to maybe 60-70% depending on the day. Last night, I had some plain, white, salty potato chips. I would have NEVER eaten those pre-pregnancy (okay, maybe not never, but rarely), but I figured it was better to get something in my stomach than not eat anything when I'm hungry....

I try not to worry about it. If you're on target with weight gain (which is likely none or very little by the end of the first trimester), I think our bodies are healthy from the way we ate previously and we can make up for it in the second trimester!

I agree! Lol. So far I lost a few lbs somehow and I'm even eating aweful :/ def not eating as much as normal and got sick a few times .... I'm with you on those salty chips..... Not sure why, but they just cut the nausea and make me feel so much better for the time being!!! Lol that salty goodness..... I guess!

Same here! I dropped 2 pounds in the beginning, but my appetite has come back this week, so I'm guessing in a couple weeks I'll end up gaining it back (I'll be 12 weeks then). I'm curious when I'll start gaining weight/showing. It's different for everyone, it seems. This is my first, so it might take awhile! (I'm happy about that because I don't plan on telling work right away!)

I wish I could say I lost weight, but gained a lot. I do think my progesterone supplements are to blame. I am not doing well with extra hormones. Soooooooo

I do try to eat healthy, but totally stopped exercising. I am mostly so tired and sick :( I will proceed in 2nd tri when I feel better again.

I've heard Stevia is safe. I almost never drink regular pop, but I've been a bit more flexible on that during pregnancy. I wouldn't hesitate to drink a regular ginger ale if I had morning sickness. I've mostly been drinking sparkling water - have you tried to see if that might help with the pop cravings? I've always liked it, but I started really leaning on it when we started TTC and I wanted to wean myself off diet pop. I crave the bubbles as much as I crave the flavor of pop. I think some people mix sparkling water with juice, too, but I've never tried it.

BTW, LoveMy2Boys, I'm guessing you're from the Midwest? I grew up there too and always said "pop" until I moved to the West coast and people acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. I switched to "soda" pretty quickly. I miss pop. Sounds more fun. :thumbup:

LOL, when I was her original post, at first I thought she was talking about lollipops, because that's all I could think of for the word "pop." After reading for a bit, I remembered that in some parts of the country people use that word to mean soda. I'm on the East Coast, btw. And I remember for awhile during my pregnancy with my daughter, I couldn't drink plain water for some reason. Normally, I hardly drink anything other than plain water, so it was strange for me, but I was drinking juice and soda during that time. I did try to get soda that had real sugar instead of HFCS, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->