Calpol

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Who uses calpol? & how often I mean how do you know they need it? I've known Mums to use it on a regular basis but Ive never paid much attention to what its for! Is it safe for an incase moment? And people swear it helps baby sleep :wacko:

I would use it when they have temp or teething/ pain e.t.c every 4 - 6 hrs....When my 2 were babies I used the portavougie teething mixture (I wondered had you heard of it from living in NI?) Anyway it was taken off the market as it was found to contain dodgy ingedients...:blush:...but boy did it help them sleep!!

Wobbs, Calpol have taken OUT all the ingredients that aid kids sleep and have brought out a new Calpol Night Time-its a money making scam.

We have given it to lucy on the odd occassion when she had ear infection, high temperature etc. But Medised is much better for aiding sleep. ANd sleep=quicker recovery!

xx

As far as i know calpol is basically the baby version of paracetomol. Its for pain and temperatures..but i know what u mean wobbles..how do u know when your baby actually needs it for pain..its not like they can tell u lol. My mum gave it to my little brother all the time and swore by the stuff and yeah it did help him sleep for some reason! ( i assume it made him drowsy)He had it cus he would never settle he would just cry all night long from the age of 6months onwards. Turned out he has mis-shaped cartillage in his knees that caused him pain so he always had calpol for it...Problem was as he got older he wouldnt sleep without the stuff-even when he wasnt in pain! I guess he became addicted to calpol! LMAO. It does taste really nice though! I don't think our babies are old enough to have it yet though are they wobbs? x

i prefer medised to calpol :D i find it brings temp down quicker and as kx said, sleepy baby ;)

You can give Calpol from 1 month onwards. i use Medised as much better I think and yup = sleep,lol

B.x

Medised is a life saver !!! When Lucy (now 4) was teething I don't think I could have lived without it. However she hates it now because it doesn't taste as nice as calpol and she's not being fooled anymore because she knows the colour :) I agree though, it does bring down their temperature faster and the anti-hystamine (sp?) in it to help with runny noses and coughs really helps them sleep.

Another Medised fan here :)
I just use it for temps teething etc... or even if he is bunged with cold

Me and OH argue reguarly( friendly LOL) about Calpol= sleeping babies, its basically paracetomol so don't see how it helps sleep

I always have a bottle on stand by but rarely use it, I think we've used 1 whole bottle in her life. I hate people that use it just to make their babys sleep - my mum told me she used to know quite a few people that did that.

The only times Bethanie has had it is when she was teething and couldn't sleep because of the pain and when she has had her immunisations.

Medised actually contains something that makes them sleep whereas Calpol is just paracetamol (apart from the night time one, which like someone else said, a scam to make you buy 2 types of their product) so maybe Calpol is more a placebo, but hey, whatever helps ! if I do want something that doesn't make the drowsy, I buy a pharmacy own brand of paracetamol, Calpol costs a fortune !

:( i dont like giving calpol to rhys but have done on rare occacions when hes had a high temp

Thing is its for babies with headaches and so on but how the hell are you suppose to know! :dohh:

I think there are just sometimes when you've been through everything twice and absolutely nothing is working and you think... "I wonder if they don't feel well?". That's when I've given mine Calpol. Probably only once or twice that's happened and the Calpol has worked.

Otherwise, it's been when they've had a temperature or colds or had jabs.

I think there are just sometimes when you've been through everything twice and absolutely nothing is working and you think... "I wonder if they don't feel well?". That's when I've given mine Calpol. Probably only once or twice that's happened and the Calpol has worked.

Otherwise, it's been when they've had a temperature or colds or had jabs.
Same with us.. it's hard when they can't speak but you learn to know your baby and the way they cry can be a dead giveaway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->