Cambridge diet.

walkerscrisps

Reaction score
Starting tomorrow :happydance: have been reading some peoples journals on the cambridge diet but wondering if anyone else had any experience of it and how much they lost and how long it took them?

I'm afraid the only experience of it is my friend almost ending up in hospital and her hair falling out!! :(

Don't get me wrong, lots of people do fab on it but i really don't think its for everyone. Good luck :)

Good luck Walkerscrisps!

I finished my stint on the Cambridge diet just over 2 years ago. I lost c 6 stone between April 2007 and Oct 2007 and have maintained a healthy bmi since Oct 2007. I am going to dip over bmi 25 for the first time in 2 years in the next month or so but it is to be expected what with being knocked up and all!!!!!

Cambridge will give you results, as will any other diet, as long as you follow the rules and adhere to the guidance from your counsellor. Once you have reached goal I cannot stress how important it is that you follow the maintenance steps closely as this will build the foundation for your future eating habits moving forward to ensure the weight stays off.

Because of the extreme nature of some of the diets options (eg sole source) you might find that people you know may try to put you off from doing the diet. When i was first thinking about doing the diet I read the official literature and spoke to my partner - both of us agreed that risk to my health from being >6 stone overweight was far greater than following a very low calorie diet for a few months which would hopefully reduce my weight. When I started I decided I would give it a go for a month with 100% effort and if at the end of that time I was not happy to continue or unsatisfied with my progress then I had the choice to pack it in. This diet does not suit everyone, in the same way that some people can't get on with slimming world but find that weight watchers really works for them and vice versa

When I was following the diet I made good use of the Cambridge diet section of the Minimins forum - it was nice to have the support and company of other people going through the same experience as me.

As for hair loss - this is a potential side effect of rapid weight loss from any kind of diet. About 4 months into the diet I found that I did shed hairs in greater quantities than usual, and as a result my hair did seem thinner and have less volume for a few months. However, within a 2-3 months of completing the maintenance program and continuing with a healthy balanced diet the rate at which my hair shed reduced and my natural hair thickness and volume returned - as far as I was concerned this was a small price to pay in return for my health, happiness and vitality.

If you ever want to chat about the diet or ask anything feel free to pm me.

Best wishes to you for your journey - I wish you every success :)

wow, thank you so much!!!
you've just answered pretty much every question i had :) and thanks for the pointer about the minimins forum, i've never heard of that before and just had a look and i have a feeling i'll be on a LOT in the next couple of months :)

I did it for 5/6 weeks. It is a good diet, you do loose lots of weight. My head didn't have time to catch up what was happening with my body.

I lost 32lbs in 6 weeks, Im the same weight now as I was when I finished (I gained 13lbs coming off it) I feel now the weights coming off slower that I can enjoy the results, I feel alot better eating aswell. I found it very hard being social whilst I was on it. Plus my hair isn't falling out in clumps anymore. My cambridge councillor kept saying it wasn't the diet but it does happen to alot of people.

how is the cambridge diet different to slim fast?

the cambridge diet has meal replacements called sole source which are 400 something calories a day, and then theres sole source plus which i think is about 600ish calories, which introduces food. and then it goes to food more and meal replacements less. i think...i'm reading the booklet as i type, lol.

how is the cambridge diet different to slim fast?

the cambridge diet if fully nutritionally complete containing 100% of the recommended daily vitamins and minerals your body needs!

as for your hair falling out, it is a side effect of extreme loss over time, it can happen but it is very very rare, Also people ending up in hospital, no disresect to your friend is because she wasnt doing it correctly no other reason!

good luck with your journey its a life changing diet

Lou
xxx

My mum did it 4 years ago, she lost 5 stone and has kept it off, everyone else in her group though has put the weight back on :dohh: I have tried it a couple of times and have never managed to do it for more than a week, for me it is like mental torture!!

sorry to jump in - but i think i read in here there was a cambridge diet counceler on here somewhere ?? i may be wrong tho ??

I lost 5 stone in 4 months :happydance: and fully intend to undo any "damage" I do during this pregnancy once the baby is 3 months old (you can't start til 12 weeks after giving birth)
My hair did thin which was a bit alarming but I'd rather have thin hair than be fat (and now I'm eating again it's come back thick anyway)
It's both the easiest and the hardest diet I've ever done (and I've done a fair few ;)) in that there is no choice so it's easy but there is also no leeway (sp?) It can seriously mess up your social life and you'll spend a fortune on clothes as you shrink so quickly but for me the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages of doing the diet.
I came off it the day I got my BFP and have since lost another pound so it IS possible to keep the weight off. Minimins was my salvation, I met some lovely girls on there and now have a couple of real life friends because of it :)
Lots of luck, the first few days are the hardest and you'll have a horribly rumbly tummy for a couple of weeks but just keep drinking the water and watch the weight drop off!:thumbup:

oh my god i love this diet!! did it last year, lost 5stone in 4months, But have sadly put in back on!! i can not wait to get back on it in january!
before
https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v275/34/12/721590550/n721590550_3280019_7430.jpg
after
https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v275/34/12/721590550/n721590550_3280341_3698.jpg

Wow! Thank you for the responses :) You have all made me feel so positive about doing this diet and have definitely raised how motivated I feel, :) xTaylorsMummy and Vicky83 I hope you achieve the results you want :) By the way, xTaylorsMummy, you look amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->