• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can anyone help?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
We found out on Friday (what should have been 9+5) that baby had no heartbeat and was only measuring 8+3. It came as a complete shock as I had been experiencing all the symptoms and have had no pain or bleeding. Both DH and I are obviously completely devastated. We have an appointment tomorrow to assess what our options are. I'd really rather not have surgery for a second time this year (we already suffered an ectopic in April). As there doesn't seem to be any bleeding yet I'm thinking that medication might be the best way forward. I don't exactly know what I'm asking here but I guess I'm just looking to know what to expect with medication. You know, pain, cramps, how long it'll last for etc.

Sorry you are going through this :hugs:

I had an ERPC so I'm not sure on the pain or what to expect from the other options. My nurse did tell me the medication only works half the time, she didn't seem so keen on that option. I was supposed to be 10 weeks when my bleeding started, baby had died at 8+5 though. It was like day 3 or 4 of a period, but stronger pains and that is before I'd started to pass any clots. My bleeding stopped about 1 week after the procedure, but I don't know how long people bleed without the surgery. Sorry, not much help. I hope someone comes along with some advice xx

Hi there. Our stories are identical. I was 9+5 when I found baby had also passed at 8+3. I'm so sorry for your loss I know how tough it is. :hugs: like you I had no bleeding or cramps other than I tiny tiny fleck of blood as small as a pin head on wiping one day. Anyways, I opted for the d&c and really for me I felt it was the best way to go. I don't think I could've bared to go through miscarriage at home, and i had minimal bleeding afterwards. I've heard similar about the medication as the pp said, and I just wanted things to be over with once I came to terms with it all. I'm so sorry that you are even having to make this decision, loss is bloody hard. I've had an ectopic too so I know how tough it can be accepting more than one loss too. Take care. Xxx

:hugs:

Medication didn't work for me but I'm from the minority with a cervix that doesn't dilate. I had medication for a whole week then had to go for a D&C. That was last month. I also had a D&C for a mmc last year in April

Dollybird, that's why I chose to have the procedure. I have just explained my experience on another thread too, so apologies for repeating myself again here. When I found out my baby had died I became so unbelievably frightened of miscarrying naturally, of the pain and what I might see, so my mind was made up before the nurse had even given me the options. I chose to have the procedure under general anaesthetic so that I could go to sleep and when I woke up the worst would be over with and I could concentrate on grieving and feeling better.

LynAnne - I hope it goes ok tomorrow when they go through your options. There are no right or wrong ways to do it, only what is best and feels best to you at the time.

So very sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience, went in for my 9 week scan (should have been 9.5 weeks) and found out it was a blighted ovum. I tried to wait for MC to happen naturally but when I hit week 11 I just asked for the medication. They gave me Cytotec and I inserted the pills vaginally as directed, and just laid down and took a nap for a couple of hours. I think it took until that evening but I started bleeding with some cramps. It was like a very heavy and crampy period. Then two nights later I woke up to the feeling of contractions and I passed the rest of it. Ideally I guess the whole thing would have happened that day but it does say it takes anywhere between 8 and 48 hours to fully work. I think it was less traumatic than a D&C would have been, but I've never had one so I have no comparison. It was horrible emotionally but I don't think theres any getting around that. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->