• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can anyone recommend a bottle warmer for night time use?

gk1701

Reaction score
Does anyone have a bottle warmer that they like? I really want something fast that I can use at night. I'm breast feeding at night right now and love the convenience of picking up my LO and being able to feed her before she wakes properly. I'd hate to have to wait 5-10 mins for a bottle to warm up. Any suggestions?

Also, how do you keep your bottles refridgerated but in the bedroom?

Thank you!!

I ff and just make bottles at room temperature. Use water from a jug then refill it with filtered fridge water.

Depending on how much your lo takes in a night feed is it worth using ready made cartons? So people use, as pp said, room temperature water though that's against the uk guidelines. We did it with dd for a month before someone pointed out why you're meant to use hot water!

After that we switched to bringing a flask of hot water to bed with us, the flask wasn't a great one so the water temp dropped over night and I could make up a feed and leave it to cool further for 5 mins. But that only worked as dd wanted it at the same time every night.

Or, if you don't mind feeling like a scientist you could try doubling flasking (one hot, one cold - add half required hot water, add all formula, mix, then add remaining required water fom cold). Instant decent temp bottle.

Though you could get a mini fridge in your room to store the bottle and use something like the Tommee tippee bottle warmer (the flask and bucket one). From what I can tell it works just as quickly and essentially does the same job as an electric one.

Cheap option... Boil the kettle and put the bottle in a jug of boiled water for a couple of minutes. Then let it cool to optimum temperature (running under cold tap if you need it to cool quick)

Cost option... We use the tommee tippee one bottle warmer. Simple to use... Just add water, place bottle in and turn on. Then again let cool or run under tap to reach target temp quicker for cooling.

Tbh... It's quicker to boil kettle and put in a jug :)

I use the avent bottle warmer. It's great. Just whip the bottle out of the fridge heat it up and bobs your uncle.

X

I have the 1st Years one but it sucks. Got it 29 September and its already crapping out on me.

I have this one and it's great!

https://www.amazon.com/First-Years-...&qid=1352209083&sr=8-7&keywords=bottle+warmer

The back of it is an insulated cooler that you put an ice pack in (it comes with a plastic one that fits perfectly) that will keep two bottles cold for up to 8 hours. When you're ready you just use one of the two tubes to put the water in the warmer, pop the bottle in, push the button and it's warm in about 3 minutes (the button lights up and when the light goes out it's done).

One sort of "warning" though, there will be condensation on the outside of the bottle since it uses steam to heat, so be careful when you take the bottle out because those water dropplets will be hot if you use wide bottles. For some reason this doesn't happen with the thinner dr brown's bottles I have, but if I put a wide Avent bottle in there I have to take it out by grabbing the nipple with the burp cloth. Then you just shake a tiny bit and wipe off the condensation and problem solved so you won't burn baby or anything, just watch your own fingers LOL.

I use this during the day too because it's the fastest option for warming and I have an impatient baby lol.

EDT: Also, my SIL gave me this and she used it for my nephew, so it's on baby #2 and still working perfectly.

I have a little portable fridge in my room to store 2/3 bottles and I have the tomee tipee bottle warmer I put bottle in while I change nappy and it's done,xx

We have two flasks and make up the bottles in his room, we have a tommee tipped bottle warmer which takes about three minutes but I got bored of going to the kitchen each night, least this way I can do it all in the bedroom

I have the tommee tippee bottle warmer which I haven't even opened as it says on the instructions a larger size bottle will take 9 minutes to warm from the fridge, I can make a fresh bottle in that time!

What I've started doing is making up a couple of bottles for the night and putting them in the fridge and then microwaving them for 20 seconds and shaking really well. Heats them up to room temperature and my daughter can be having her meal within 2-3 minutes.

A lot of people don't realize that formula doesn't need to be warmed up it can be made at room temperature so I just bring pre filled bottles in the room beside my bed and when he's hungry I just scoop in the formula and he has his bottle in less than 20 seconds

I have a Munchkin bottle warmer, it takes about 90 seconds! I really like it. Bottle is heated by steam so I have to wipe the bottle after I take it out of the warmer.

The Avent digital bottle warmer is great and can be used for warming food too when LO is older- it was a godsend during the night when she was still waking up! while the bottle was warming we'd do a bum change and its ready by the time you're done, no more crying and waiting for the kettle to boil etc we didn't think we needed one at first but it made a huge difference! We made our bottles up in advance then rapid cooled them and stored them in the fridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->