Can anyone recommend good breast pads?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
I have an over supply of milk so need to wear breast bags constantly or I'll get wet patches on my clothes. I'm using the Lansinoh ones which are fine but end up not being sticky enough and rolling up inside my bra: especially if I'm somewhere when I can't get in there and fix things!
Can anyone recommend a good brand they use?

Nope, they were all a bit rubbish and rolled up for me. The best of a bad lot were Johnson & Johnson, they seemed a bit firmer and would stay in place for longer. I read somewhere about a woman who would cut a sanitary towel in half and use that instead of breast pads. I've never done it myself so can't advocate it but it seemed a good idea. Unscented ones, obviously!

19 weeks in and I don't really need them anymore, my supply has really settled in line with LO's appetite. Very occasionally if I feel the letdown begin when it's not required by bubs I've got time to shove a tissue or muslin in there to catch the drops. I've also got no shame about doing it!

I use Chico gel pads. Their edged are elasticated and Indon't even use the sticky thing. They absorb like mad and don't move.

Boots own ones (the thin individually wrapped ones - not the cheapo thick ones)

But better still are washable bamboo ones. Much comfier and you only need to buy a few pairs once!

Little lamb (UK) do good ones. X

My favourites from feeding DS1 were the Tommee Tippee ones. They're really big in diameter but not too thick & bulky. They're also comfortable & don't stick to any nipple cream/lanolin like some cheaper brands. They're all I've bought in this time.

I leak SOOO much, currently I use any I can get my hands on :haha: the thin ones don't work for me.. I dont even peel them to stick them in my bra LOL..

I used NUK ones, large diameter and super absorbent. I think now they have 'night' ones that are super sticky and more absorbent. Maybe, try those?

I tried a heap of different brands but always went back to NUK. They went through the wash and didn't explode like other brands. They are big in diameter so even if they move a bit, its ok.

lol I've had to try the sanitary towel trick today as I've run out!! Just ordered some washable ones from amazon (I didn't even know there was such a thing)
They had good reviews which I always go by.
I need to change them a few times a day so I was going through the disposables like mad!

I use the lansinoh ones and i dnt use the sticky thing.. Thats wat makes them roll up.. I just take it out when using that particular side and then pop it back in when done.. They stay in place once they r in.. The diameter is big enough to allow it to move slightly out of place if it happens..

Hope you like the washable ones. Bamboo is super absorbent so hopefully you're have bamboo in.

I also never peeled & stuck the disposables just put them straight in my bra.

Took me until about 9 months until I could go without.

I had washable ones which I ordered from "Little Lambs" online. They were soft bamboo material of some kind and they have been great. I've recently stopped using them as everything has settled down. I've washed them loads and they're still soft and absorbent.

Haven't read all the replies so sorry if repeat.
I had a huge oversupply to begin with so I would cut a maternity pad in half and put one half in each cup.
Reusable pads stay still the best if you get the contoured ones. Mothercare are good but I found I had to use 2/3 in each cup at a time to start with. Your best bet is going onto a cloth nappy website and buying breast pads from there that have a waterproof layer like PUL as this will be much better. I'd suggest doing this ASAP as its been real nappy week so there are lots of deals/sales on atm whic will be ending soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->