Can anyone share stories of being induced with 2nd baby?

Ava Grace

Mummy to 2 boys wtt #3
Reaction score
I'm due to be induced on Friday and this is my 2nd. I stupidly googled the risks oh induction and now I'm petrified and contemplating refusing.
I'm wondering if it's different 2nd time around?? As in your body knows what to do?!
Also might just have the gel and if that doesn't work refuse the drip and wait it out!
Any advice greatly appreciated! X

Thanks for posting, will be looking for others positive stories. I'm pretty far away still, but was induced with my first and feel like it will happen that way again. Hope some women had ok experiences!
Best wishes to you!

I was induced with my girl and might be again this time. The first time went really well and smooth and my consultant said it would be even easier the second time around as my body will know what to do.

I was induced with DD2 and it was lovely I'd happily be induced again. I didn't need the pessary as my cervix was favourable so they broke my water at 6.30am and my labour started immediately on its own, I managed with no pain relief and only had the drip for about 10 minutes as it made me over-contract! Labour was 7 hours long and I'd do it again tomorrow. Hence baby number 3 lol.

Im being induced on tues and very nervous about it akl so will be stalking this thread

My first induction went perfectly, my second child it was long and drawn out. I think it really depends on your body. With my first I was beginning to start labor, but a week late so they induced to kick start everything. With my second i wasn't dilated or showing any signs of being ready and it took 27 hours and a threat of c section more than once to get my precious girl here...

i was induced with my second as i was 41 weeks. it was great! i had pitocin and the doc broke my water. the pitocin kicked in full force, and i needed an epi at 4 cm, but it was ok. i could still feel the contractions, but they were more like bh. a few hours later i felt pressure in my pelvis, and it turned out i was 10 cm:) i pushed for five min and she was here! i was induced around 9 and had her at 3:) way better tgen first time where it was 24 hrs!:)

Thanks Meli, that's what I'm looking for. When induced with my first it was over 24 hrs. Really hope things go much better if this second one has to be induced also. I'm so nervous about going through it all again. This gives me hope

Stalking this post as I go in tomorrow to receive my induction date!

Thanks so much for posting everyone - I'm so scared!!!!!! X

Out of curiosity what are the risks? I didn't know there was. I was induced with first and got to 5cms with just the pessery, then they broke my waters and I could handle the contractions so had an epi. I had the drip loads but can't remember from what point but I know she went and topped it up even though I told her I didn't want it as I was positive it was that making me vomit! Nice to be ignored! She said the contractions weren't effective enough, they felt it to me, the machine just wasn't picking the up!

My 2nd induction was awesome! I had a pessary and started to contract within the hour, and I went from 2/3 cms to 10 in an hour and 20 mins! 2 pushes and she was out! Perfect..

When I googled the risks it talked about your body not being ready so the false hormone isn't the same as what your body produces and this can affect bonding with the baby, your body can go into shock because contractions are too strong - also uterine eruption it talked about heart attack and all sorts of awful things!
Really wish I hadn't googled!! I'm now totally petrified :(

I went in. They put the thing in. I went for a coffee in the hospital as thought sitting in hospital bed would depress me. Drinking coffee felt rough. Didn't say anything to hubby. At end I said to him think it may be starting. Had to stop when walking up to ward a few times. Went in nurse looked at me and went well that worked quick. I was in full blown labour within half hour. Moved to delivery an hour after it was inserted. All went really well regarding induction. I went fully within a few hours. I needed a section but have since been diagnosed as hsving small hips. He was 9lb so his head could fit into pelvis. My section had nothing to do with induction. It was no more painfull that the other labour on my experience.

Be positive. You can do it.

So I have a question for you ladies.... If you had the choice of being induced early (39 weeks) would you go for it or wait it out?
X

Wait it out! I pray I don't have to be induced is time, hope it just happens at some point

if your baby is ready, the induction will take, i really believe this:) i was having loads of bh so i just knew the induction would work, and it did:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->