Can BFing hinder implantation?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm currently ttc and post ovulation! Do any of you ladies know if BFing can make it more difficult for an egg to implant? I'm not referring to mc, just if after the egg is fertilised it can be more difficult. last cycle my lp was back to normal so I don't mean with a lp defect either, rather the last two days I've been having uterine cramping similar (but not as frequent/constant) as when I was pregnant with dd. today ive had nothing (which might not mean anything either way!). Dd has a sickness bug and although she's not nursing more (still once a day) she was nursing for longer (comforting sucking rather than drinking) because she fell asleep feeding. while she was doing his yesterday i was having lots of cramps and I was wondering whether if an egg was trying to implant, whether the uterine contractions from the bfing would have "pushed it out"?

I think if your LP is normal and lining thick enough then it shouldn't make any difference! :flower:

^ wss

I still have that &$%*#$% LP defect....

^ wss

Aww no! My lp was short when I first got my cycles back but after 8 cycles it sorted itself out on it's own. I've heard some women take a B complex vit to help?

Thank you both for answering.

^ wss

Aww no! My lp was short when I first got my cycles back but after 8 cycles it sorted itself out on it's own. I've heard some women take a B complex vit to help?

Thank you both for answering.

Its cool, we are WTT anyway.

8 cycles though? I am only on my second (or third? I've ovulated twice waiting on third). I may have to do some work if we plan to start TTC this fall.

My cycles are long though - 34-36 days, so it might not be as long for you! Everyone is different. had I been ttc sooner I would have taken a B vit and am sure I could have done something about it earlier. my LP was 11-12 days for at least a couple of cycles before my 14 day-er so doable for a pregnancy had I been trying :)

My cycles are long though - 34-36 days, so it might not be as long for you! Everyone is different. had I been ttc sooner I would have taken a B vit and am sure I could have done something about it earlier. my LP was 11-12 days for at least a couple of cycles before my 14 day-er so doable for a pregnancy had I been trying :)

LOL my last cycle was 39 days! 34-36 would be great :) I'm currently on day 16 and no sign of ovulation or even any eggs ripening yet. (I use Marquette Method, the CBFM will tell you when estrogen rises/eggs ripening).

No I understand it is my body's way to space children even after my period returns while breastfeeding, so I am going to let it do it's thing until the summer. If I am still having short LPs, I will go back to the B50.

I would just rather not worry about it since it can hurt supply, and we aren't going to be TTC for another 7 months anyway, so I'll save my money and let my body sort it out the way it wants for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->