Can dogs see things?

pennies

Reaction score
As the title suggests really!

We have a 16 month old German Shepherd and a couple of times in our house she has started growling/barking at nothing.

We'll both (me and the dog) be in the bedroom with the door open and she will be looking out the doorway at the landing and just start growling.

The first time she did it I thought it was my OH playing around with her, he usually plays on the stairs with her and pops his head around the banister and they chase each other.

So when she started growling I assumed that was what was happening, but she sort of edged out of the room really slowly like she was being cautious and crept down the length of the banister (we have a solid banister, there's no poles/gaps so you can't see through it) and really slowly leant her head around the banister to look down the stairs. I watched her and she backed off really quickly like she'd had a fright and continued growling.

At this point I'd had enough of what I thought was OH annoying her and flew out the room, looked over the banister expecting to find OH on the stairs to tell him off but there was nothing there. OH was in the living room watching TV and thought I'd been playing with the dog...

Could she have seen something?

"they" do say that young children and animals can see things, so i believe its possible ur dogs seeing something. but if ur not bothered by anything then i wouldnt worry x

Not really bothered by it, we've been in our house just over 2 years now and only had the dog 16months, as I say it's only happened a couple of times although we do sometimes hear movement on the stairs, like someone walking up and down them?

The previous owner of the house passed away, both OH's Grandads are in spirit and I lost my Nana about 5 weeks ago...

u never no it could be anyone.
i do believe in the afterlife and ghosts ect.
imy oh passed away afew months ago and i kept hearing things in the house we shared together, like brushing past boxes and a bang on my sons drum in my room in the middle of the night .
recently everytime ive gone for a meal, my chair gets kicked and no one is near me.

my son used to see things when he was 6 months old and our flat was very haunte i hated it, but if ur not being bothered by what seems to be there thats great. shame it seems to be effecting ur dog tho

Yeah it only seems to be when she's upstairs and hears something on the stairs, she has been very wary and does growl but she is a big scaredy cat anyway :haha:

I don't know if there is actually anything there or whether she is expecting it to be my OH and then is getting a fright when he's not there :shrug:

Sorry to hear about your OH, do you think it's him at restaurants etc?

Probably just watching over you and the kids...

its a weird one.

in my sisters old flat it was deffo haunted, theyd hear running up the stairs bangs on doors ect. they had a hamster and moved her from the front room to the bottom of the stairs where theyd always hear things.

well the poor hamster was scared out of her mind, shed never come out of her house, started malting it was awful. soon as they moved her she was fine again.

Sorry to hear about your OH, do you think it's him at restaurants etc?

Probably just watching over you and the kids...

thanks, i think it must be him as ive never really had anything happen to me like this before. i was especialy freaked by the brushing past boxese noises when i was in bed and there was nothing around the box to make the noises.

i hope hes around but then im too scared to ask for signs lol

Yeah I know what you mean, I don't know what I'd do if I actually did see anything!

Was just interested to know if dogs could see anything, I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

i dont no anyone who has a dog but ive heard lots of times on tv where dogs have picked up on hautings and wont go into certain rooms and seem to be scared or angry

It's interesting isn't it?

One reason I won't watch Paranormal Activity 2 is because of the German Shepherd going mental at apparently nothing :haha:

im very interested in the paranomal, theres actualy a paranomal section on the forum which ive found interesting.

u never no whats on the other side until u get there i suppose lol

i hope they can see things otherwise both my dogs are totally crazy!! they both stare in th same direction at the same time growling and barking at seemingly nothing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->