can i ask this here plz tmi pic c section

Reaction score
CAM00527.jpgfor all of you ladies who have had c sections before every since I had my c section two and a half weeks ago I have been using the bathroom alot tmi... also I've been getting a pain in my right side towards my ribs anyone get this... I had a small infection on my incision when I went to my appointment they told me to put peroxide on it so I'm hoping it is healing better now.. and I've had no appetite is it normal you ladies are so helpful over here that's why I figured I would post it here also when can I expect to stop bleeding and my boobs stop leakung also I included a picture of my incision it looks like their skin growing bag its not hot to the touch I don't feel sick but at my one week appointment they told me to keep peroxide on it.. I'm feeling a lot better pain wise but it still looks like its open a little bit

That looks like a pretty normal c-section wound to me. Looks like it's scabbing nicely.

If you have any concerns though I'd ask your doctor/midwife/health visitor.

As for the leaking boobs and toilet and such, I remember peeing a lot after my section, I think it's only something to be concerned about if you don't pee. Boob leakage depends from woman to woman, just need to wait for them to dry up. Same for bleeding. Unless you get large clots or a suddenly heavy gush. You'll bleed the same as someone who gave birth vaginally, and that can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 8.
The pains could be left over gas pain. If it's excruciating and you feel it in your shoulder, I'd ring for advice, but other than that sounds pretty normal. I was in agony with gas pains after my section.

Thank you so much.. Good i was beginning to worry, is scabbing normal.. Also i meant pooping lol and have hardly any appetite

I agree --I think your scar looks very normal and like it is healing nicely.

As for going to the bathroom, good for you lol! I was so scared to "push" that I'm pretty sure I went days without going.

As far as bleeding goes, I bled really heavily for about 2 weeks, and that slowly tapered off and was completely gone by my 6 week checkup. But I'm sure everyone is different.

I also had very sharp occasional pains, and I think it was just things stretching as it healed. If it is excruciating, or constant, definitely call doc.

If you're feeling poorly, or just "off" of course don't hesitate to call your doctor. But I think overall it sounds pretty normal. : )

Whups sorry! Not sure where I got peeing from haha. But still, same applies. My er, back passage, 'dries up' during pregnancy. I poo about once a week. I know when I get back to normal it's going to feel like I do nothing but poo haha

Lol... I poop like three times a, day.. Just ready to be back to normal.. it was a long road for me being pregnant and I'm happy she's here I'm just tired of leaking out of every hole lol

Also u think that pink spot looks normal? at first it smelled a little bit now it's not snowing and it looks like it's doing a lot better

I think the pink just looks like healing skin --my entire scar was pink for quite a while before it faded. I'd say if there's no smell, no heat, you don't have fever, and it isn't especially painful, then you're probably doing just fine. : ) But if you're worried, call your doc--that's what they're there for! : )

Like soblessed said, the pink but just looks to me like healthy scar tissue that has just lost it's scab. Scars stay pink for a good while before they settle. I have a scar through my eyebrow that is still an angry red colour after years!
The main concerns are heat, strong smell, fever or illness, or if it's 'leaking'. That looks absolutely fine to me though! And incredibly neat too. Looks like it's going to barely noticeable once it's healed fully, your surgeon did a fine job!

I tried calling them all day but no one answered I'm not really concerned I just wanted to make sure that that's normal for it to look like that, I think putting the Proxide on there really has helped, and its not hot to the touch and the pain is actually gotten a lot better, just still hurts a little bit to bend or roll over

Like soblessed said, the pink but just looks to me like healthy scar tissue that has just lost it's scab. Scars stay pink for a good while before they settle. I have a scar through my eyebrow that is still an angry red colour after years!
The main concerns are heat, strong smell, fever or illness, or if it's 'leaking'. That looks absolutely fine to me though! And incredibly neat too. Looks like it's going to barely noticeable once it's healed fully, your surgeon did a fine job!
thank you I actually thought the exact opposite. It looked terrible

I agree with Gnomer--it is very tidy and straight, and relatively thin. They definitely fade over time. I don't think it will end up being noticeable at all. : ) Mine (after 4 years) is now just a thin, whitish line. You'd not notice it if you weren't looking for it. Of course we are fixing to open it back up within the next two weeks lol, but hopefully it heals just as well the second time. : )

I think it sounds like you're doing great with recovery! I'm sorry you haven't heard back from your doctor--that is really annoying. I hate it when that happens!! But overall, I really don't think you should be too worried. Just take it easy and continue to rest as much as possible. You're on the mend! : )

Thank u.. I had my last section six yrs ago and can barely see it

Heat is usually a sign of infection. By day 5 when my staples were removed there was no sign of blood it was completely sealed, I'd get it checked to be safe.

The navy pants pic is the day I left hospital and my staples were removed (day 5)
The pink pj pants was at about 2 weeks post partum.
By 4 months it was invisible

https://s17.postimg.org/9ga2ldi0v/image.jpg

https://s17.postimg.org/dbdgny16n/image.jpg

image upload with preview

Wow urs looks great, mine is crappy, i had glue this time, first time was staples, i liked staples better, theres no heat or anything

If there's no heat or redness I'd say it's fine! Do u have a checkup soon to ease your mind?

Yes,went to dr yesterday cause now i have a spot above my section draining fluid guess itd normal, its fluid trying to escape, he said incision looks good, now i think i can feel inside stitches on the outside

It all sounds completely normal. Don't get yourself worked up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->