Can I bottle-feed for a few days? (Long-term nursers)

aliss

Reaction score
Okay my left nipple is cut up and bleeding from an aggressive biter.

Can I just use my right boob and a bottle for a few days so this can heal?? It's absolute agony.

I stopped nursing with one breast when he was a newborn for the same reason and it blew up into painful mastitis but he's 11 months now so I'm guessing the same thing isn't going to happen as I'm rather 'deflated' these days. He takes a bottle but I don't really ever use it so I've never tried this.

Thanks

I had to stop feeding for a day or so when LO#1 was 6 months because of medication. I gave him the bottle during that time and just pumped and dumped, which didn't affect my supply. Do you think your breast can take it?

will u pump? i guess your supply will decrease if not. or could u use nipple shields? i feel for you ive had to use shields at times due to biting but yours sounds awful :( xx

If your still feeding from one side so he doesn't forget what boobies are for I can't see the harm. Supplies go up and down and you might have to work a couple of days to increase supply in the side your not using once he goes back on.

I reccomend apno you need a prescription but it works wonders for cuts and things. No advice on the not using one boob I've never done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->