Can I just vent this?

worrying

Reaction score
If ever our daughter cries in the night it will disturb my husbands sleep juuust enough to cause him to start snoring, but never wakes him. So once I've settled madam I can't get back to sleep. It's not intentional on his part, and he really is brilliant during the day.. but damn I'm tired, pregnant and want to slap his snoring face! :sleep:

Haha! Amazing. I'll vent back that every morning that my husband gets up for work he's like an effing elephant walking around opening and closing wardrobe doors, coughing, brushing his teeth, loudly peeing, and my son always wakes up JUST after he closes the front door. So when I complain that he wakes us up every morning, he says "well you both still had your eyes closed when I went out". 😑

Haha! I get the elephant too and it annoys me so bad because he'll wake me up looking for Rizla or something not even needing to wake me up over! Or even though hes put his clothes ready in the other room the night before he will come in and choose something else. I don't actually think they realise how much of light sleepers we become once we have children.. i hear the teeniest little noise ever it a joke. My in laws had the children for 4 days last weekend and that was the first 4 days that i had slept through in a long time.. but then Mr Elephant would wake me up at like 6AM and i would be boiling inside :haha: x

Ohh and the worst was that snot blowing thing footballers do? I swear he must have done it about 20 times one morning and i was just like are you bloody serious woman. STFU. :haha:

I have no mercy for OH when he snores I'm afriad. A swift kick to the shin or an elbow to the ribs usually does the trick :haha:

You know I honestly think men just don't hear babies!! My OH never hears him before I do and most mornings I am knackered. He says to wake him up to help but he is so hard to wake and he never wants to get up unless the baby is actively crying just in case he "settles down" (he never settles down). It makes me so cross. He is super good in the day too though.

Oh yeah I remember that from the baby days "don't pick him up yet, he might go back to sleep on his own" he never did!!! And we live in a small flat block and did when ds was a baby too, so I've got to get those cries dampened quickly before the whole building gets woken up. To tell you the truth, if ds does wake up in the night now I usually just crawl into bed with him and stay there till morning. That's because by the time I've got back to my bed dh is splayed out like a massive lazy heavy starfish... plus I get little boy snuggles 😍

My OH snores too and I do not let him get away with it. He snores mostly on his back, so I ask him to turn over. I am not in any way worried about waking him up, I will literally elbow him until he wakes up and rolls over. Why should he get to disturb my sleep?

If the rolling over thing works for your OH, then wake him up and ask him to roll over. Snoring is selfish and you shouldn't have to lie there awake while he keeps you up. Don't let him have the temerity to be annoyed at you either, just wake him up and tell him to roll over. If he doesn't like it he can go and sleep on the driveway where he won't disturb anyone. :haha:

I feel you pain as my partner is an absolute nightmare snorer!!! I loose at least 8 hours sleep a week. It got to a point a while ago where the poor bloke slept downstairs to let me get abit of peace. Its hard as snore strips do nothing to help and we tried these little things that go up his nose too. I just hope i fall asleep first. I hate it too when im trying to relax as i drift actually able to think as im
With a toddler all day, then his snoring kicks in so i cant even think in peace. X

So glad I'm not the only one! It's like he's immune to hearing her. Yesterday morning he had the gall to say "You were in and out of bed loads! Have you got pregnancy bladder already?"

No dick face, you didn't hear the coughing followed by crying that was getting me up?? Apparently not!

So glad I'm not the only one! It's like he's immune to hearing her. Yesterday morning he had the gall to say "You were in and out of bed loads! Have you got pregnancy bladder already?"

No dick face, you didn't hear the coughing followed by crying that was getting me up?? Apparently not!

HAHA! Sorry,just had to laugh at your last statement. My husbands the same way,yes Im four months so I do have to pee a lot but no apparently he doenst hear the stuffy nose,then crying from our daughther on and off all night either. Why is it that men dont seem to hear that!? I dont get it. He also snores,which wakes me up on and off all night. Im lucky if I get 6 hours a night,which is horrible taking care of an active 22 month old old day. URG! During the day hes GREAT,when hes not working he watches her so I can take a 4+ hour nap feeds her etc,so I dont have a clue what happens to him at night. Sooooo frusterating!

HAHA! Sorry,just had to laugh at your last statement. My husbands the same way,yes Im four months so I do have to pee a lot but no apparently he doenst hear the stuffy nose,then crying from our daughther on and off all night either. Why is it that men dont seem to hear that!? I dont get it. He also snores,which wakes me up on and off all night. Im lucky if I get 6 hours a night,which is horrible taking care of an active 22 month old old day. URG! During the day hes GREAT,when hes not working he watches her so I can take a 4+ hour nap feeds her etc,so I dont have a clue what happens to him at night. Sooooo frusterating!

YES! Exactly this! It's like we're married to the same man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->