Can i over feed my 5month old?

aae123

Reaction score
Hello,
My daughter is 22weeks old, i started her on solids 5 weeks ago (spoke to my Health visitor about it- she agreed that it was a good time to introduce foods.)

However she said that Imogen (my daughter) will probably only have a few spoonful's at a time to begin with.
Which is not the case- She has 3 pouches a day. B.fast, lunch and dinner.
Sometimes she also has a yogurt afterwards also.

(she is also drinking almost as much milk as before i started the food too)

She is never sick after eating, and seems happy. and so far is following her percentile line (99th percentile LOL)

I just am unsure if i should try and limit what she has?
I don't see my HV for another 2 weeks.

For example this evening she had a heniz pouch (100g) at 6:30, a small yogurt afterwards, then at bedtime she had (8pm) she had oz of milk, woke up again at 8:30ish and had another 5oz then went to sleep happy..

Any opinions/advice would help :)
Thank you xx

I don't think so. My ds started solids at 6 months and my Dr said 1-2 spoons too, but he ate 2 oz of purees 3 times a day, plus bf still. At his next apt I would have sworn he'd move up in his weight but he stayed where he was, 30%, still a peanut even though he eats like crazy- 11 months now, eats literally everything and still a tiny thing lol

I'm sure she wouldn't take it if she wasn't hungry. Milk is more filling for them though because it has more calories and nutritional value so she might just not be getting full from food xx

If it's not forced, she is happily eating it, and she's still keeping up her milk feeds (as she's probably too young to have those start to decrease yet), then I would just keep doing what you're doing. If her milk starts to decrease, I would hold off on the food a bit as milk is most important still. She's a big girl though, so I would expect that she would eat more than a smaller baby.

Thanks all :)
I shall keep an eye on her milk :) x

Eliza is 20 weeks she's having
Breakfast - a bowl of porridge
Dinner - a full jar/ equivalent of a full jar home made
Tea - a full jar or half a jar and a whole mashed banana
Milk feeds vary but around 18 ounces

She also has 2 biscottis to nibble on and two carrot crisps
She would also eat more
She's on the 95th and always has been
If she doesn't get a full jar she'll rile until she gets it.
As soon as she sees her spoon her mouth is open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->