Can I puree Canned fruits?

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
I just finished cooking, pureeing and freezing a bunch of veggies for Alexa, and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can puree and freeze canned fruits, with no added sugar? Is that a good idea, or no? thanks!

I've read that you can as long as there's no sugar added :) Was planning on doing some for Hannah

I found this for you...

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/freshfruitsoutofseason.htm

Using canned fruits and veggies is really a LAST resort. As we wrote about in the section of Fruit and Veggie FAQ's - canned fruits and veggies often contain additives such as salts, sugars, starches and other sweeteners or preservatives. There are some brands of canned fruits out there that pack their fruits in pear juice which is not as bad as the Heavy or Light Syrups. Applesauce may be found as 100% Natural with water (and maybe citric or ascorbic acid) and apples as the only ingredients. Again, you will need to spend a little extra time reading the labels thoroughly if you want to ensure that you find a canned fruit or veggie that is as close to natural as possible.

My health visitor actually advised tinned fruit! In particular: pear, apricot, peach and strawberry. Obviously the likes of slices of apple to chew on, banana, melon you would need fresh but if it's for mashing down why not use tinned pears?

It must be the fruit in natural juices, DEFINITELY NOT the ones in syrup. Tinned fruit in juice is easily available here, just in the supermarket with the fruit in syrup.

I don't see why you couldn't ! Like the other girls said as long as it's no added sugar and not in syrup. Personally I think fresh fruits are better, but tinned ones are convenient xx

My health visitor actually advised tinned fruit! In particular: pear, apricot, peach and strawberry. Obviously the likes of slices of apple to chew on, banana, melon you would need fresh but if it's for mashing down why not use tinned pears?

It must be the fruit in natural juices, DEFINITELY NOT the ones in syrup. Tinned fruit in juice is easily available here, just in the supermarket with the fruit in syrup.

My Health Visitor advised this too! But to make sure it was in natural juice, not syrup. x

tinned fruits are better when we're up here in the cold with only very expensive imported fresh fruit from the states! I'll be doing it for Renah when its very difficult to get fresh fruit! I think its still better than bottles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->