Can only eat Taco Bell?

amc90

Reaction score
I haven't been able to stomach anything other than Taco Bell or any type of Mexican food this past week and it has me worried. I take my prenatal supplement so I'm hoping that's giving me some nutrients but as far as fresh food just sounds disgusting. I did manage to eat waffles this morning though. Will this hurt baby?

With any luck this is just temporary and you will be able to eat a wider variety of food soon.
Warning - when I was pregnant with my DS2 I could only keep down white bread most days for a lot of my pregnancy. Even though I took my prenatal vitamin I still got malnutrition because of lack of protein. So you do need to take care you get enough protein.

You're fine. Even if you went 9 months eating nothing but Taco Bell, you'd likely be fine. Taco bell isn't completely devoid of nutrients. Not the healthiest option, sure, but not the worst by far. The baby is going to siphon everything it needs from you anyway.

Hopefully this will pass, though. I went for about 1-2 weeks where I would eat NOTHING but Subway sandwiches. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It passed eventually, and now I don't even want to look at a Subway logo. LOL

I wouldn't worry. I've really struggled but my midwife said take prenatals and when I can manage it have more variety. She did recommend cereal as that often has folic acid and vit d so not sure if you can stomach that. Tbh tacos sound amazing right now!

My son will be 3 this year lol and this baby has been the same

You and baby will be fine! I can only eat junk food right now, too, and it's been the same in my previous pregnancies. The idea of anything else literally makes me gag. Drink as much water as you can, take your prenatals, and don't worry about it. Your body has stores of nutrients from before you were pregnant, and your body will use those for baby. It will pass soon enough and you'll be able to eat more diverse foods again!

Hopefully it will pass, but plenty of women suffer with morning sickness when they're pregnant and can only keep down junk food. It's better than not being able to anything at all. I mean, do the best you can, but if Taco Bell is all you can do for now, then it's all you can do. Baby is a good little leech and will get what he/she needs from you regardless. Do the best you can to take care of yourself and your little munchkin, but try not to stress about it too much! And if you ever get overwhelmingly concerned, definitely give your doctor a ring. They can give you reassurance and if your sickness is really bad, they can give you medication to help.

Hopefully this phase passes soon! My biggest concern for you would not be for the baby's health but for your health. I know that when I eat a lot of junk food I lose energy and don't have stamina which we all need right now! If this phase doesn't pass you may want to consult with a dietician who can help you figure out the "healthiest" options at taco bell and give you some different ideas for high nutrition foods that you may be able to stomach. Good luck, I am just starting to get some food aversions myself and hope it doesn't get too bad!

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm hoping it is just a phase, but I was able to eat some variety today. I'm definitely on a Mexican food kick though :p

Can you try to make it yourself? That way at least you know what you're eating!!

Mexican food can be quite healthy! Taco Bell, not so much, but if you're just on a Mexican food kick and eating at a lot of Mexican restaurants, I wouldn't worry about it. You're likely getting all the nutrients you need from that!

Just so you know, I read this thread then had to go out for taco bill for dinner.
😬

Eat what you can and when you're hungry, but don't stress just yet.

The food aversions should mostly go away around 14 weeks (give or take) and then you can start to get more focused on your food. For now water and pre-natals are the most important. Little bubs are designed to take what they need from you, that's why you feel so awful, your body is making miracles!

I know people who lost tons of weight in the first tri due to sickness and food aversion, but by the end had gained 40 pds and had healthy, smart babies.

I was so worried because all I could really tolerate was bean burritos (home-made) and bagels with cream cheese. I tried everything and most of it came back up or made me feel really sick. So I understand! But if you boil some pinto beans with salt, throw them into a flour tortilla, heck, throw in some sour cream, voila! Protein, calcium, carbs. Not bad, right?

I also made smoothies from frozen fruit with some almond milk, but most of the time it gave me bad acid reflux. When the nausea went away, though, they were great because you can sip them and get lots of good nutrition. Sneak some spinach in there, too, you will barely taste it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->