Can prenatal vitamins that don't contain iron cause MS?

Bbari2018

Reaction score
I was only taking folic acid from just before pregnancy til a few days ago. At 8w6 days (three days ago) I began taking VitaFusion Prenatal Gummies, which does not contain iron. Coincidentally, I've developed bad morning sickness starting the day after I began taking these gummies. The only reviews I found related to MS on Amazon stated that it helped relieve MS.

Is it possible that these gummies are causing my morning sickness or is it more likely my hormones attacking with vengeance?

I feel so sick and extra acidic, and want to stop taking the vitamins if they are the cause.

Typically it's the iron content in prenatals that makes MS worse, but I wouldn't say any vitamins cause MS. If you're experiencing it, it's because of hormones. Iron content just makes it worse because it's hard on our stomachs. A prenatal without iron isn't going to relieve MS, but it also won't trigger MS symptoms that other food intake wouldn't have.

Edit: xdxxtx below me makes a good point about gummies being higher in sugar.

Absolutely. The gummies are more sugary, and high/low blood sugar changes are what cause morning sickness. Iron can trigger it, for sure, but we're more prone to getting sickness from our blood sugar dropping. I use Honest brand vitamins, which do contain a bioavailable form of Iron. I am extremely sensitive to iron and even needed prescription formula as a baby because I couldn't tolerate iron in my formula. Honest brand vitamins contain an iron that does NOT make me sick. HOWEVER, they are huge pills that taste terrible, so I would recommend starting with those after your morning sickness has passed. They are GREAT, though, even if you just start taking them in second tri.

I was pretty much thinking the same thing as you, Orglethorp. I'm not sure if it was the high sugar content as mentioned by xdxxtx, because I was not only vomiting but also having extreme acid reflux. I stopped taking the tummies for one day and I'm already 10x better than I was yesterday!

Thanks for the Honest brand prenatal recommendation. I'll try it in my second trimester!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->