Can progesterone levels indicate pregnancy?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Hi girls! I was on clomid this cycle and I've been having pretty good pregnancy symptoms. From cramps, bloating, sore and sensitive nipples (even taking a shower is painful) achy breasts that lasts a minute or two, very low back pain, nausea and a queasy stomach, sweet cravings..

So yesterday I went to have my blood drawn to check my progesterone levels. Can a high number indicate pregnancy?

I think so. At the least it will tell you whether you have the right level of progesterone to support a pregnancy. I *think* the levels increase further if you are pregnant, but don't quote me on that

I think so. At the least it will tell you whether you have the right level of progesterone to support a pregnancy. I *think* the levels increase further if you are pregnant, but don't quote me on that

Thank you! What scared me was she said if I am pregnant and my progesterone is low then I'll have to take progesterone pills and blood work done once a week! I'm praying and hoping my levels look good!

I answered your other post. I wanted to add don't worry. Progesterone pills aren't a big deal. I took them with this baby and I really think it contributed to us making it to second tri. Best of luck to you!

Unfortunately no they don't indicate whether you're pregnant or not. My first Clomid cycle I didn't ovulate. The next my progesterone was 86, I did not conceive. The next cycle my progesterone was in the low 30s. I conceived that cycle. If your levels are lower than 35, it's probably unlikely they're high enough to sustain a pregnancy. Good luck!

Sarah, thanks for this! I wasn't sure, I have heard of levels increasing during pregnancy but wasn't sure if it could be an actual sign of pregnancy. This is good to know :)

Rustyswife, if your levels are low you will, I'm assuming, be given progesterone pessaries, which can be used vaginally or as a suppository if you are prone to UTIs. I think you are usually given them to use from the day you can confirm ov, throughout your lp and in some cases I have read women taking them for quite a few weeks into pregnancy (up to the 12th week I think). I don't know a huge amount about it, but this is going on what I have read, and it seems to vary between women and what issues they are trying to fix.
They aren't something to worry about and as I understand, they don't usually give any drastic side effects, only what you may usually see during your lp. Some see lots of symptoms resembling pregnancy during their lp, some don't see anything. I don't use progesterone pessaries but with the shift into my lp and the natural increase in progesterone I see a few digestive changes, sore boobs and some nausea, so you may see things like this, or you may see zilch which would be fine too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->