Can some babies get to hind milk much quicker than others?

Pearls18

Reaction score
DS1 used to take 30 mins to feed and I always had to pull him off (or he would stay there forever, he was born 50th and was 91st before weaning at 6 months so get plenty!) well DS2 will quite often feed for only 10 mins, sometimes we might get to 15 mins, his poos are yellow and he put a lb on since 2 weeks of his birth so I know he's getting enough, is he getting to hind milk that quickly? He will often only go 2 hours between feeds, is that indicative of his age, or the length of time feeding? (Can't remember with ds1!) I've tried feeding for longer but he just sicks it up, or he is just impossible to wake up!

My ds was the same, very quick feeder from newborn but gained quickly. He never seemed to comfort feed! Dd (eldest) was the exact opposite. I think I possibly had a letdown earlier on with ds. Hindmilk is there all the time but just increases in concentration as the breast empties I'm sure, so it's really more the volume of milk lo is gettin that counts (sorry don't think I'm explaining that very well). Anyway if lo is gaining well and having yellow poops they are getting all they need, just lo/boobs are more efficient. Hope this helps!

Millie has been an efficient feeder since birth. 10-15mins initially, now 5-7mins.

Sounds normal to me hun. Millie still goes either 1-4hours between feeds. 6-10hrs at night.

Some babies are more efficient feeders. My lo only eats 5-10 minutes and always has yellow poops. Ds fed 45 minutes and had a lot of green poops. My only conclusion is she's more efficient and can get the milk out faster

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->