Can someone help me settle this?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
OK, totally trivial, childish & petty...

OH & i were sat watching "American Horror Story" tonight, its a paranormal TV series.

We are both non believers in terms of ghosts, ghouls & spirits, but this programme is brilliant!

We were half way through an episode tonight, when OH decided he needed to pop outside for a cigarette. My response was "Dont leave me on my own, im scared!" To which he said "Scared of what? I didnt think you believed in ghosts?!"

I cant explain what im scared of, i dont believe in ghosts. I guess i just didnt like the idea of sitting in a dark living room on my own after watching an hour of scary images to scary music!

He said hed lost a little bit of respect for me! WTF?!

How can i explain it to him?!

x

I'm the same with something spooky, I refuse to watch anything scary ATM because I have to be up frequently on my own with DS2 lol (American Horror Story is one I am waiting to watch) but it's because I feel like this that I guess I must believe in something otherwise I wouldn't be afraid? So I kinda understand your OH if you genuinely don't believe in anything like that, but you were probably just generally spooked and not thinking logically :)

God what's wrong with him haha! Even my OH can get creeped out by stuff like that :haha: xx

Fear is a biological response, it's a matter of survival. So you don't believe in ghosts etc, you're still tuned to feel fear at the thought of things which could pose you harm. he's the one who'd get eated alive if something unexpected appeared while you'd be safely hidden under the bed :winkwink:

Fear is a biological response, it's a matter of survival. So you don't believe in ghosts etc, you're still tuned to feel fear at the thought of things which could pose you harm. he's the one who'd get eated alive if something unexpected appeared while you'd be safely hidden under the bed :winkwink:

:haha:

I'm the same. Day-to-day, I can be on my own at any time and not be scared of anything supernatural. But after watching a horror film etc my nerves are all on edge and I can't be alone! I used to watch horror films with my ex-BIL and make him top and tail with me afterwards because I wouldn't let him go home :haha:

Was he serious? How can he lose respect cause you freaked out over a TV show? Yes, it's silly, but it happens! I refuse to watch 'Hannibal' right before we go to sleep cause I don't want to have nightmares- not that I would- but the thought is scary enough! lol.

I watched a movie that freaked me out SO bad once (years ago when I lived with my b/f at the time)- I wouldn't let him go out for 3 days cause I was afraid to go to bed alone! :haha:

Whatever- my hubby thinks it's silly, but he doesn't give me a hard time about it.

He said he thought i was silly for being scared of something i claim not to believe in. He said if we had been watching a crime programme (for example) that showed a break in or a murder etc. he could understand my fear as it is possible for it to actually happen.

Im beginning to think maybe i do believe...? Well, not believe as such, but am open to believe theres potential for there to be something out there. I must do, even if its only a little, if i get scared when left alone after watching a ghost programme.

During the day, around the house, i dont think twice about ghosts. But when home alone of an evening, i do let my mind imagine events involving either intruders or aliens or ghosts! My logical thinking tells me nothings going to hurt me, but something in my brains makes weird sh#t up!

Well, most fears aren't really "rational" - if they were, then we wouldn't have them! lol. I mean, what are the odds of something scary under my bed reaching up and grabbing my leg? Not really gonna happen- that doesn't stop me from keeping my feet under the covers cause it feels safer! buahaha :haha:

Just ask him this- does he believe people can be afraid of the dark, spiders or small spaces... those are all considered "valid" fears, even names for them ;) So why is this really any different?

I mean, what are the odds of something scary under my bed reaching up and grabbing my leg? Not really gonna happen- that doesn't stop me from keeping my feet under the covers cause it feels safer!

Great example! Im going to use this one on him later! Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->