Can we slip the bottle?

Pink Petals

Reaction score
My MIL is on about getting LO onto a bottle (with expressed milk), but I don't want to. LO has only taken the bottle a couple of times when I have left him with DH, but 99% of the time feeds off the breast.

Can we skip the bottle all together and just go straight from breast to open cup? LO is going to daycare at 11.5 months old.

I did. I tried to get my daughter to take a bottle but she was having none of it. She was on 2 feeds a day at your lo's age and by 11.5 months we switched to cows milk in a tt sippy cup.

I would go with a sippy cup. My LO didn't really master the open cup until around 2... I'm 25 and I still have accidents. ;)

Apparently when I was a baby I EBF and refused dummy and bottles (I sucked my thumb though lol) I just weaned onto solids and drank from a sippy cup I think x

We skipped it. I started her with a straw cup for water at 6 months. Actually we even practiced the straw cup from 4 months with breastmilk in it and she could drink from it then. I wouldn't bother with bottles at this point.

At that age definitely skip for bottle, most people try to get baby onto a cup a little after 1 year, no point in putting yourself through the hassle for such a short time!

Like everyone else said... Skip the bottles and go for a sippy cup... Alice has had a straw cup since 8 months as she loved my drink bottle.... But so far she hates cows milk in a cup and her straw cup so it's just boobs or water for her haha

I'm 34 and apparently I went straight from boob to cup without ever having a bottle so yes it can be done. I'm returning to work on 4th August so my daughter will be having some bottles at the childminders as she won't quite be 9 months and she doesn't like cups. Will have to persevere!

Neither of mine have had bottles. My eldest used a doidy cup and a free flow cup from 6 months. I have no intention of buying bottles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->