Can you make money from buying job lots and selling them on?

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
I never thought about this but I accidently bought 20 charms for £1 delivered from china when I only wanted 1 lol I've already managed to sell a couple of them for £3 posted on ebay so straight away I'm in pocket! I'm currently bidding on 20 brandnew boxed hair strightners £30 delivered the hair straightners are going for £10-£15 each on ebay! so I could profit abit off them if I can win them!

just wondered if anyone does this and if you can actually make money off of it? I'll be a SAHM for the next 3-4 years so extra cash would be amazing :)

I know you can if you check out what you're buying and how much the same ones go for singly... but don't forget you'll need to register as self-employed even if you don't think you'll earn enough to actually pay any tax :)

watch with electrical goods, unless you are/have an electrician to test them i think going into business selling electricals could be opening a huge can of worms in terms of faults tec

My husband does this with Lego Star Wars.

thanks for the replies Im going to stear clear of electricals thanks for the tip :) just going to look into abit more just found a website directed in china selling bulk jewellery and other items really cheap 50 golden mix and stainless steel rings (they look like engagement rings really nice) £12 posted and you know you can sell on ebay £5+ per ring so think I may test the water a bit before properly going into it :)

I do this on eBay with baby bundles.

Cheap bundles, collect in person and sell pieces on individually.

Last bundle I bought was £40, £5 petrol to collect & so far I've made £100 selling the clothes :thumbup:

If its alibaba, be careful as I have read quite a few bad stories about them not being all legit xx

No it's not that website its DHgate it has bad reviews but their from people who bought say electrical good or branded things that turned out to be fake. The 50 rings I'm looking at has 100% feedback it's a risk but its not like I've lost much if they turn out to be shit lol

This is what I've ordered :)

https://m.dhgate.com/product/50pcs-top-golden-mix-design-fashion-stainless/142895185.html#pd-100

Give it a go!! Its worth a try!
I once saw hair colours reduced to 56p a box in superdrug, I bought about 8 boxes and sold them on ebay for around £5 each!
If I were you I'd stick with things that can be sent in a envelope (like the rings) with a large stamp. That way you only pay around £1 for postage rather than the £2.60 they charge for a standard second class parcel. Then if someone declares the item as not received and you have to refund them, you're not as much out of pocket. Good luck. Xx

I've had no problems with DH gate before :) Good Luck with it! It's just all the fees that have started getting to me! Xx

I gave it a go with make-up once but couldn't make it work. But I think if you get the 'right' product you could make a profit. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->