Can you mix formulas? Trying to get DS off nutramigen and onto SMA

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my DS has been on nutramigen since 12 weeks. I now want to try him on normal toddler milk (SMA) and he just wont drink it. He has a few mouthfuls then pushes it away but if i give him nutramigen he drinks the lot. SMA tastes very very sweet compared to Nutramigen (which tastes like potatos yukk)!!

Can you actually mix formulas? Could i put one scoop of SMA into his nutramigen evening bottle to get him used to it. Didnt know wheter you can mix formulas like this??

He usually has 6oz on a morning and 6oz before bed. Hes 18 months.
The consultant he sees for his milk allergy said because he has cows milk on his cereal etc he doesnt actually need a milk-free formula and to try a toddler milk to challenge him even more.

thanks ladies

I think you can mix for sure, when we went from formula to cows milk we mixed a few bottles to get her used to the different taste....if he is taking cows milk in his cereal are you able to just give him some milk in a cup? At 18 months he is getting most of his nutrition from solids anyway and probably just needs the milk for a little top up..

You can. That's how many people switch their child from formula to cow's milk. At first you start with just one ounce of the new milk, then keep increasing the amount until they are drinking the new product. As long as he isn't really fussy, you should be able to switch over fully in about a month.

Ok thank you ladies. Ill try and change him over ounce by ounce and try it in a cup. He drinks from a cup all day apart from bed time when he loves a bottle. x

Yes you can.

I did when switching from comfort milk to neocate and now doing the same again switching from neocate to cows milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->