Can you prevent accidents?

S

Serene123

Am I just a rubbish mum? She does bump her head alot but I don't want to stop her from doing things. I can't follow her around with a pillow all day, I have other things to get done too.. Blergh. She has never hurt herself "seriously" but I guess hurting herself atall is bad. Sorry, just feel crappy!!

:hugs:

your not a rubbish mum hun, babies have to learn that if they fall they get a bump. I let Rhiannon stand up with her music table and let her bump back down on her bum so she learns that if she lets go she falls...
My parents never let her fall so we're at logerheads as to how she is ever going to learn..

so long as they dont fall on sharp corners or objects just the floor i dont see a prob

x

Oh hun, you can't mollycoddle them. As long as you keep a close eye on them (which you do), then thats ok. tThey're growing up and they will get into bumps and scrapes - thats how they learn. You are doing a fab job and, unless you want try the pillow theory (!!!), just carry on as you are x x

ur not a rubbish mom at all, summer is always bumping herself ( espec when mommy tries to get her to crawl and she just falls foward ) im sure if you was something serious would have happened by now and it hasnt, shes a happy little girl tht just like exploring by the sounds of things lol.

At the last count Dec had 6 bruises on his head, 3 on this arms and millions on his legs !!! Lol Thats what babies do they fall, they bump themselves, they get up and get on with it and leave mummy feeling shitty!!! Dont worry hun, when she gets on her feet, which will be sooner rather than later she will have a lot more.

She is learning to get down and is successful 99% of the time. She still falls sometimes though, she's only little. She keeps trying to stand on her own too which means more bumps! I don't like her getting hurt but IMO that's the only way they learn certain things. Fed up of hearing "she fell over again?"

It's not like she's just learnt to roll and I'm letting her roll off the sofa!! She is standing and walking along the furniture. I just don't like the look. I'm sure some of you know it.. :rofl: The, you let her hurt herself AGAIN, look?

Toria Dec has been walking since he was 10.5 months he is now 14.5 months and he still falls down A LOT !!!!! Lol Babies fall thats a fact, if anyone feels they have to comment on another bruise or another fall, tell them to bugger of and mind their own business. You are a fab mum. xx

yup i kno what u mean lol im still living with my mom at the mo and she is such a softy, honestly she doesnt let her do nothing!

She has only ever had 1 bruise, it was on her forehead. Looked horrible :(

No, your not a bad mum at all, If i had a £1 for everytime callum fell down/bumped his head i'd be very rich. its get worse the more active they become.

:hug: Sam's always banging himself on something! He's so quick that it's hard to stop him even when I'm right next to him and chasing him around! Not that I ever want him to hurt himself, but if they don't hurt themselves they'll never learn that some things cause pain! x

She has only ever had 1 bruise, it was on her forehead. Looked horrible :(

Well she is doing great then, at that age dec had millions :rofl: always crawling into things, trying to stand when he couldnt, pulling up on something that would topple over and fall on top of him like a chair :rofl::rofl::rofl: yes I can laugh now but at the time it was scary. Dont worry hun let her be a baby and like I said you are a fab mum, and dont worry about those people that give the LOOK tell them to F*** off and leave you alone xx

she is bound to have accidents caitlyn does. Did you manage to get a playpen? That might help you get other stuff done. At least she cant go anywhere in the pen.

Don't worry about it hun, kids are always getting bruises while they explore you just have to watch them as much as you can.

xx

Jack had a huge bruise on his cheek the other week. hes now got a little one on his nose.

you cant protect them all the time hun

:hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"