Can you take TOO many vitamins?

Just1Plz

Reaction score
Whie TTC doctors prefer you start taking prenatal vitamins. But all of them are different. They want the ones with DHA for proper brain development. But they lack in other areas. If I was to take 2 different ones that gave you the maximum benefit.... Is that or would that be considered too much?

It can be.. and YES you can actually over dose on certain things. Id ask your doctor to be sure.

I would talk to your doctor. In some cases you can supplement individual vitamins if you are deficient. I have had several blood tests both during and after pregnancy and all came back with low Vit D and low Iron so while pregnant I was told to take pre-natal, vit D and Iron. My doctor only put me on the extras because I was deficient even after being on prenatal for a few months. Two prenatals, sounds like overkill!

Be careful of fat soluble vitamins, those are the ones you can get sick on because they can build up in your body. Water soluble vitamins aren't as big of an issues.

Most commonly over used vitamins, A, B, D, E, and K. Vitamin B complex is actually water soluble but it's parts of the complex that cause the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->