Canadian mommies

Googiepie

Reaction score
My daughter is 6 days old and currently on Similac with iron. She seems to always have some spit up. It doesn't matter how often I burp her, have her upright or anything. I would put her down to sleep.and nothing some spit up coming out of her mouth. Do you think the formula isn't sitting well with her?

If it is just a bit of spit up don't worry, its normal. Most babies do spit up. Not the formula.

My son spit up after every feed for over 6 months. It's only now starting to get better and he's 7 months. We used Similac with iron for a long time but recently switched to Kirkland brand because it's similar and cheaper.

Some babies just spit up. A lot! My son was a big-time puker. I could hear it splooshing on the carpeted floors. But his doctor said as long as it was not projectile and that he was still gaining weight, it was fine. Over-feeding did make it worse so keep an eye on that.

We played around with formulas and even spent the big bucks on the speciality formulas for spitting up and it didn't do anything other than change the colour of his spit-up.

I think the true tale if you should make the switch is going by the poops. My daughter was colicky and when she was little needed the reduced-lactose formulas. She got green, runny poops on regular formula so I had switched to the Gentle Enfamil. But it was sooo costly. I switched to Similacs' Gentle because it was cheaper and I was constantly getting really great coupons from them. However, her poops became small and very hard (like stone) and still green. She SCREAMED everytime she pooped and she would get so red in the face. I had already read similar reviews about the product so switched back to the Enfamil. Once she outgrew the colic I was able to go to the regular storebrands. She's totally fine. Oh, and she is NOT a puker.

We currently use the Kirkland regular iron-fortified brand from Walmart. Our public health nurse it is essentially the same as the expensive stuff.

My baby is just a 4 days old. I breastfeed the first day, and pumped the next two days but couldnt bare it any longer. The hospital gave me simalac Advanced omega 3 & omega 6 in the hospital as it hurt to latch her on. I went for my first checkup yesterday and they told me to just give a couple sucks at a time, no more then 5 ML at a time, you dont need to burp everytime if its just a few sucks but stopping every few sucks will make her feed for longer. They want her feeding to last about 20 minutes so it gives her brain time to acknowledge she is full...My baby girl hasnt spit up since! Just take it slow, stop her from drinking so fast with just a few sucks at a time and make her feeding last 20 minutes and see if that helps. it helped for us. Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->