Canadian parents/Ontario parents

sarah54

Reaction score
I haven't been on here in years but am wondering if anyone has any ideas of where we can get some finacial support to help us cover our out of town appointments, parking costs and hotel costs. Both of our kids have diagnosis' that aren't life threatening or "serious" in the eyes of any agencies. But they still have about 2/3 appointments per week between the 2 of them.
We aren't low income either.
Does anyone know of anywhere that will help us?
Thank you!!!

You need to contact Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities. I get this for my daughter. We're in Brantford, but our main office is out of Hamilton. There are main offices all over Ontario.

They not only give you a monthly allowance to assist with extraordinary costs, but also provide dental and drug coverage, cover eye glasses and (don't quote me...hearing aid, and other assistive devices...not 100% on that, but definitely 100% on the others as they've covered all of my daughter's since 2009.)

They also reimburse parking and meals if a child has an appointment out of town or is hospitalized. You have to save your receipts and send them in to them and within 2 weeks, you'll see it appear in your bank account or be mailed a cheque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->