Cannot Control Tears - GRR!

Amythyst

Reaction score
Hey there, I just had a c-section on 3/6. I'm doing much better pain wise now and I haven't been on any pain meds in a few days. However, my emotions are driving me batty. I am not "depressed" - at least God I hope I'm not! LOL. I am not afraid of the baby, I take care of him and pick him up and stuff... BUT if he cries uncontrollably then it makes me cry and I don't want to! But the tears just come.

The other day, I was calling the nurse at the pediatrician's office to ask some advice about runny stool and near the end of the message I was leaving - I started crying! Why? Cause I was worried about him that he might have diarrhea.

It has gotten "better" - I think I was a bigger sap in the week after I got home but its driving me insane. I don't want to cry and I don't necessarily feel particularly sad ... the tears just start.

Will this go away? I know my OB's office said it should stabilize in like 2 weeks after giving birth but I am working on my third week now and still appear to be Miss Water Works.

Anybody else struggling with this without having "depression"?

Oh man I was crying like that for 8-9 weeks pp. It does get better I am sure some ladies it just takes a bit longer to stabilize. :hugs:

Thanks for that... I'm glad to know that it may take longer than my OB said it would. :)

Oh, that's comletely normal! Be prepared to feel that for about 8 weeks or so... I'm 7 months post partum, and I still find myself getting weirdly emotional over the silliest things. At this point, though, I'm pretty sure it's just parenthood rather than hormones.

Oh, that's comletely normal! Be prepared to feel that for about 8 weeks or so... I'm 7 months post partum, and I still find myself getting weirdly emotional over the silliest things. At this point, though, I'm pretty sure it's just parenthood rather than hormones.

Yes, I would agree that being a mom makes me extra weepy. I am so grateful for my little guy and sometimes those emotions overwhelm me. But it's a different kind of crying. Pp crying was over everything.little.thing. I felt like crazy some days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->