Can't deal with gallstones anymore

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
I am so fed up of getting agonising pain and only being able to eat plain low fat foods, Its making me feel so depressed, the tramodol they gave me is making me feel weird and exausted.

I don't want to live like this, I am scared to eat, I am scared to go out incase I get an attack.
:cry:

I have chronic pancreatitis. I'm the same, can only eat low fat, low protein, low carb, no dairy, no red meat .. i could go on but its too depressing :p.

Have you asked your GP to change your meds to maybe co codamol ?. You can get the soluble ones that are kinder on your stomach. Or maybe codeine. I lived on codeine as it was the only thing that took the edge off the pain. Now im preggers and can't take anything i'm surviving with a hot water bottle permanently attached to my side.

I know the food thing is really depressing but it does help cut down your pain levels.

Take care Xx

are they considerng taking it out???
the gallstones will not go awayso you need pain relief that is adequate or a refferal to gastro to have itremoved
good luck
xx

They are going to take it out but the waiting list is long am on tramodol have tried codiene but neither are working

Just wanted to say I know how you feel for over 2 weeks now I have been poorly with this, even gave me jaundice! I am now having mine removed in the next couple of weeks as was admitted to hospital last week with it all. Can you not go back to the DRs and explain how its affecting you and see if you can be bumped up the list atall? Tramadol is evil stuff, makes me so ill with it..I have switched to co-codamol now and the pain relief is the same as the tramadol but less harsh iykwim..im on 8/500 co-codamol so theres still room for more relief if needed too. As for foods I find I can eat some 'bad' stuff with no effect on it yet some of the things I shoud be able to eat I cant. I do feel for you though, its awful (i found the pain worse than labour!) and hope you get it sorted soon..x

i have had 3 attacks this week! up all night.

Tramadol is stronger than co-codimal, its part of the opioid family (morphine). Im on 30/500 co-codinmal and its not touching the pain anymore.

Im deverstated today, spoke to doctor who wouldnt refer me in oct until i was "in a lot more pain and the attcks more frequent". its lik flippin labour, wait until its unbreaable then come in! arh!

anyway, i recently had a miscarraige and are TTC again which we are obviously worried about, i asked if it could have caused the miscarriage as im having repeated liver infections and he said yes. Im deverstated, i was 11 weeks and to think the baby could have been fine is terrible.

Anyway, how long are you waiting for?

just keep presenting at accident and emergency when you have an attack, thats what i did and they kept me in and did the op as an emergency.
ive just had an ercp and sphincterotomy because of a side effect of the gall bladder surgery it doesnt always take the pain away there is an illnes called post cholystectomy syndrome which i have also got sphincter of oddi disorder all through having the gb removed
x

Tricky Nicky, are you on Creon for your SOD ?.

im not on anything i was told the only thing i could have done was the ercp and sphincterotomy, what is creon i will ask my doc.
im still getting the back pain which i hope is things just settling down after the op but am going to the docs tomorrow.
x

Creon is a digestive enzyme https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000629.html
It's just that i know a few people with SOD and they all have digestive issues & rapid gastric emptying (diarrhea) because of it and they take Creon as well.

Hope you feel better soon Xx

Forgot I had this thread, the attacks are so bad now I am on morphine for them even that doesn't get rid of them am seeing the consultant on monday am praying he will rsh it through cuz I can;t live like this anymore

just keep going to a and e and get blood tests for amylase and liver function if the results are high enough they have to keep you in as you are at risk of pancreatitis, this is what happened to me.
i had the op the same week, was put on emergency list
good luck
xx

i had a really bad liver infection in oct and im still waiting to see the surgeon!

I saw the consultant, have got to have my gallblader out, but theres a 3month waiting list, so have just got to have pain relief for the time being am on morphine, tramoldol, codiene and paracetomol and a tens machine.
I am so sick of it my last attack lasted 4 days I literally had no sleep and was in agony the whole time. I can't live like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->