Can't feel any movement

Pussycat1

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 22 weeks with identical twins and it's taken several years and 9 rounds of fertility treatment to get here so I'm understandably nervous. I haven't yet feel my babies move and that worries me. I have scans every two weeks (because they're identical twins) and though they're small there have been no problems and movements appear fine. I do have an anterior placenta which I know can delay you feeling them, but I wish I had that reassurance. Anyone else at this stage and yet to feel their baby(ies)? x

Definitely those pesky anterior placentas that is making you miss out. Hopefully once they get bigger you'll feel them. With my 3rd bub i only felt him to the sides and this bubs is anterior too.

Congrats on twins! Exciting!
My SIL has an anterior placenta with her 4th, and I think it took her until about 25+ weeks to feel the baby- she was bummed to not be able to feel the baby, too :-/ Since it was her 4th, she knew exactly what to look for, but the placenta was just too in the way to really feel it until then (with her others she started to feel flutters around 12 weeks, so it was very different!). Now she says she can feel the baby move around much more and is really excited to finally feel it! I'm sure you will very soon! :flower:

Thank you ladies, I have another scan on Friday so hopefully will be reasured then. I also see the consultant after so will ask her when and if I need to worry. I have a good size bump and guess I just hoped to feel the babies by now as it's kind if the next big milestone. xx

Quick update, had a scan and all is well. My girls are tossing and turning inside me so I'm bound to feel them soon. The dr said cos they share a placenta it is thicker than normal and as it's anterior it will be hard for me to feel them. So relieved! xx

I didn't feel anything till after 25 weeks with anterior placenta x

I have an anterior placenta also and have only just started to feel very light movements. You'll feel them very soon :flower:

I have an anterior placenta as well, I don't feel movements other than right above my bladder or to the sides, but sometimes when I lay on my back (i know I'm supposed to avoid it) I will feel strong kicks by my belly button. The other night it was so strong I felt it from the outside which surprised me!

Great that they are doing well!! Don't know where my placenta is, but probably posterior as I started feeling bubs movements at 15 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->