Can't handle the pain :(

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
I'm a day away from my official third trimester start and I'm in agony.
For a couple days now my entire lower half, lower back included, has been in constant agony. I can't do anything without everything aching. There's no comfortable position, no piece of furniture no nothing that helps. I go to sleep at night and I don't know why I bother. I hurt so much I can't sleep. I toss and turn, have a heating pad on various parts of me all night and basically get no sleep until my kids get up. I'm exhausted and miserable all day!
I had horrible hip pain with dd2 but I don't remember it starting this early. And going to bed provided a bit of relief. My lower back, hips and thighs are killing me right now and I haven't done anything!
I can't afford that crazy long pillow that might help, I've tried Tylenol that didn't help either.

There is no way I will make 13 more weeks if I can barely move let alone sleep. Last night it was going back and forth between cramps and lower back pain, the heating pad was getting a work out while I was trying to eat supper :(

I'm so cranky now I'm terrible to be around I don't know what to do :(

You mentioned the pillow, I wasn't keen on the price either then one day DH came home with a long pillow from Walmart instead. I've used it since early in the second tri and it's been amazing, only cost around $10 too. Might be worth considering? :hugs:

I forget the medical term for it but my sister had a dislocated pelvis with her last pregnancy and her whole lower half hurt constantly. Apparently changing positions in bed was the worst. The good news is, if this is what you have, is that it disappears right after labor, the bad news is, there's nothing that can be done about it. She ended up taking Tylenol pm for most of her third tri just to get some sleep.

But I hope this isn't your case.

Not sure if you have Craigslist there, but I bought mine on there. It's a huge one with memory foam. Normally over $200, but I got it for $25! Helps a lot! Or a resale shop? They have washable covers. Or maybe you can borrow one from a friend tht isn't currently pregnant?

:hugs: I am sorry or your pain. I had it with dd, but not until around 35 weeks. Also baths before bed always help me!

I do use a pillow between the legs, and sometimes I can tell it helps, but it's all still so exhausting. I wake up and I'm already in so much pain I spend the day trying to sit or lye down in some comfortable way to make it stop.

I'm also already on a sleep aid since pre pregnancy, I'm sure it's the only reason I get a couple hours. It's really hard falling asleep and when I get up at night I do the whole barely able to fall asleep thing again.

I hate that I'm not anywhere close to labour. Not. Even. Close.

We have a site called kijiji that I think is the Canadian Craig's list I might look at, I'm also going to try to book a pregnancy massage.

As for the bath.. Seems the most obvious but I'm being a stupid chicken shit. At the beginning of January I had a terrible uti. I've had them for over 10 years so when I say bad it's not an over exaggeration. I was up very early cuz I couldn't sleep through it anymore and decided to hop in the tub. Now I don't know if it was the tub or bad timing but the whole uti got really bad after that; extreme pain, couldnt get off the toilet in fear of peeing myself and ended up going to an urgent care centre for the day.

So now I'm chicken to get in the tub worried that what could have likely been a coincidence wasn't. Sounds stupid right!? My tub even has jets :(

I would talk to your Dr. If it's that bad you may need to be referred to physio.

I've had hip and pelvic pain but I'm getting by with a support band that my midwife gave me and pregnancy yoga and making changes like not lifting DS. I was told if it gets worse they would refer me though.

I was like that around the same week you are now. I went to a chiropractor as a last resort. My SI joint was popped out and stuck. He popped it back in and I've been fine ever since.

I too had to go to chiropractor for my SI. I would ask your doc what he/she thinks.

Thanks gals, I don't see my Dr until the 23rd sadly. But I will for sure mention if it's not better! Will keep the chiro thing in mind too :)

Can you not make an appointment before then? I went to my regular GP about mine and she was able to help.

If it's still bothering me after the weekend I might ask for an earlier apt. The holidays set my schedule off where I end up seeing her a week after what I'm suppose to (Ie instead of seeing her at the 28 week mark I go at 29) so I can probably go sooner

I would suggest seeing a chiropractor if you can. I developed hip pain that was not as bad, but kept me from standing or walking more than 20-30 minutes, one visit to the chiropractor and whatever was out of place got put back in. I kept seeing him the rest of my pregnancy, afterwards, and I'm seeing him this pregnancy as well.

Sorry your feeling this way. For a huge part of my pregnancy I had a trapped nerve in my back half way up. Only went when bump dropped down. Hopefully it will go off for you. Ive had different aches and pains throughout that change. My pelvis feels like its tearing now when I roll over so I'm in pain in bed too. Folding a normal pillow in half between my legs helps or just a couple of random cushions.

I'm 3 days overdue so I feel miserable too. Xx

Massive hugs to you I'm in no where near as much pain but am definitely struggling more than my last two pregnancies and when the pain is at its worse I have moments of dreading the last few weeks. I would definitely recommend getting professional help, I've had one friend refered for physio and one given crutches as they were in such pain

I hate to say it, but I think I've figured out a contributing factor. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night were terrible sleeps and the next day I was horribly achy. Wednesday was so bad hubby made me a bath, gave me Tylenol a nice supper and let me have the bed to myself.

.. I felt amazing the next day.

Then the night after dd2 was sick, since her bedroom is on the main floor and we're upstairs hubby again slept on the couch. And again, I felt amazing the next day. Well last night he was back in bed with me and now I'm achy all over again.

How am I suppose to tell my husband that I don't sleep when he's in bed :(

My oh has been sleeping in the sofa for days now, I love it!

I am just beginning to ache as well, in my hips and lower back. It isn't unbearable yet, but it is disturbing my sleep and I worry it will get much worse soon. I second the need to have the bed to myself. My bf is a bit of a night owl so most of the night I get to sleep by myself in whichever position I deem comfortable, but when he comes to bed I feel crowded and start hurting. Nothing much I can do about that, as I am not going to kick him out of bed but I do feel your pain. I have a $10 walmart pillow too. It was amazing at first, but now I just don't find it thick enough to alleviate the hip discomfort I usually just end up balling up the comforter and using it instead.

I was in really bad pain around 28 weeks too... It seemed to calm down around 30 weeks and I've been ok... I think maybe baby was laying right on my back and must have moved to a better place for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->