can't make my baby wind-advice please

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
my baby is 2 weeks old and when i breastfeed him he always eat fast and a lot. every time he would fall to sleep , i wind him and he would wind but it seems like he still has wind. i dont know what to do to get all the wind out of his stomach and i don't want to use medicine.
any advice please?

Lie him on his back and gently lift his legs and push bend them whilst pushing them towards the stomach. Do this about 3 times. They usually fart out the wind that is trapped.Another way is to lie him down again on his back and hold both legs and rock his body gently from one side to the other using the legs.Or drape him over your thigh (light thigh pressure on stomach) and rub his back.
Sometimes it is impossible to get out all the wind. Especially in the first month so dont be too hard on yourself.

I find that holding baby like your going to burp him over your shoulder and walk up and down the stairs brings up wind. Try it it might work for you ;)

can't help you a lot hun... i used infancol and it helped a lot... she was a lot more happy and sleeped a lot better.

i use infacol and still sometimes doesn;t work because he just fall to sleep. i just try ginger tea or ginger drink and it does helps him bottom wind ( fart ) a bit

i have resorted to using medicine too as i felt Ali was sufferring and since using it he has been more settled esp in the evenings (when wind is supposed to be the worst).

i still rub his back etc but i do need the medicine too.

:hug:

Christine
X

I do what Karen said. I've started using Gripe Water at night too.

Gripe water doesn't hurt if you can't get it up manually.

The other position that worked for us from time-to-time is to lay them over your knees face down and rub their back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->