Car seat confusion! Group 1 recommendations please

ZoMo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a group 1 car seat (9m-4yrs) or a group 1&2 seat. There are so many different reviews all over the internet, all recommending different seats, it is mind boggling! Please can a few people stop by and let me know your favourites and why.

I am stuck as I have to get a seat (or a maximum of two different seats) that will be transferable between an '09 Toyota Aygo (isofix and top tether) - this is the main car, '06 Megane estate (isofix no top tether), '02 Picasso (isofix no top tether) and an '01 Astra (no isofix) - 2nd main car.

It has to be easy to transfer between cars and easy to fit correctly.

Thank you for any help!!! :shrug::shrug:

Soooooo do you want an isofix carseat? Or would u be happy with using the seat belts?

I fit carseats for my job so should be able to help :D

If u want isofix obviously ud need to get a second seat for the car without the isofix. Seats belts are just as safe as long as they're fitted correctly :) the plus side of the isofix is that u plug it in and there's pretty much no room for error like twisted seat belts, buckle crunch, using incorrect belt routes. I'd say your best bet would be to pop in to somewhere like Mothercare for advice and fitting :D

I've got the maxi-cosi tobi which is ACE! It fits more models of car as its seat belt routing is different to most others and its really easy to fit! The only car I've found it doesn't fit so far are Nisan micras!! Although don't take my word for that, there's probably others but it fits most :)

Xxx

Soooooo do you want an isofix carseat? Or would u be happy with using the seat belts?

I fit carseats for my job so should be able to help :D

If u want isofix obviously ud need to get a second seat for the car without the isofix. Seats belts are just as safe as long as they're fitted correctly :) the plus side of the isofix is that u plug it in and there's pretty much no room for error like twisted seat belts, buckle crunch, using incorrect belt routes. I'd say your best bet would be to pop in to somewhere like Mothercare for advice and fitting :D

I've got the maxi-cosi tobi which is ACE! It fits more models of car as its seat belt routing is different to most others and its really easy to fit! The only car I've found it doesn't fit so far are Nisan micras!! Although don't take my word for that, there's probably others but it fits most :)

Xxx

Thank you for replying!! I was wanting to use isofix if I could, but having read that correct fitting with the seat belt is just as safe, I would go for that too. My only issue is that my OH says I dont do the seat belt up tightly enough on our Easyfix base (for our Cabriofix) when I fit it (he is really strong and does it up tighter than I can). So if it was a seat belt fixing, I would need it to be easy to pull tight.

I have been on Which and seen the Kiddy Energy Pro as their safest option and it is just a seat belt around it which I am not sure that I could actually go wrong with?! I am going to see one in a shop on Tuesday and try it in my car but I need a couple more options in case it doesnt suit my car or my baby doesnt like it.

Whatever I get needs to be easy to move between cars - lightweight enough and easy installation.

Please can you help with some suggestions! I really appreciate it xx

I'd still say the tobi! U really can't do it wrong.. The lap belt goes round the front and the shoulder belt goes over the top. You pull the lap belt round the front and plug the belt in, then there's two clips on the top that hold the belt. It has a seat belt tensioner at the front that you push up to tighten the belt afterwards. So no need to be yanking the belt tight :D it's my fave :haha:

The best isofix carseat is the britax tri-fix but it depends how much u wanna spend :D

Xxx

yeah i was looking at the trifix online but it is a whole lot of pennies!! I will have a look at the tobi, I do like maxicosi after her cabriofix has been great. Thank you!!

We bought the Tobi last week in the sale in Mothercare. We had the familyfix (isofix) base for the Cabriofix but the Tobi is easy to take in and out and does not budge using the seatbelt rather than isofix! We haven't used it yet but it was easy to install.

How come u didn't get the pearl for the familyfix waitingfor? The tobi is so great tho :D

Have u found anything or decided on anything ZoMo?

Xxx

We have been car seat testing today :) I found that the new Cybex Sirona will fit in my titchy car really well. Despite wanting one, I hadnt really considered rear facing seats as I thought my Toyota Aygo was too small. Anyway, it was tried in it, fitted just right, baby was happy in it and so it is definitely my favourite so far, although mega expensive. I am 99% on getting this one although I may wait a couple of months for any reviews on it to be posted on the net before I commit to it. As it is so new, theres hardly any independent info on it. This is isofix only so will be for my car and my mums.

My OH has decided that he will most likely go for a Kiddy Guardian Pro2 or GuardianFix Pro2. Baby was sat in it and was very happy and it will fit his car and last her for years. We looked at the Tobi but he wanted a combination one that he could also use for his 9 year old to get maximum value out of it. I couldnt really argue against the combination grouping of the seat as the Sirona will be so extortionately expensive, we need a cheaper one that will last as long as possible for his car! I tried the Which best buys of the Cybex Juno and the Kiddy Energy Pro but i wasnt sure I could fasten her into the Kiddy up correctly so I didnt want it for my car and baby hated the Juno.

All in all, I will likely end up spending about £400 (ouch!) more than I originally thought but I would really like to keep her rear facing for as long as possible and its the only rear facing that I should think is compact enough to fit my teeny car.

Hmm... Tricky.

To be honest I have only got experience with two car seats, the Maxi Cosi Pearl (we had the Pebble and the base) and the Britax Prince. The only reason that we have the Prince is because I wanted to ensure that we definitely have a car seat to fit, regardless of the car we are using. (Such as holiday rentals etc.)

I have a Mini, and dh has a Ford Focus which we have had the ISOFIX anchor points fitted to. We love the Pearl, so does our son and he'll happily fall asleep in it.

My mother has a VW Golf, and we've got the Print in her car. It's good and light, but does require pushing into the seat when fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->