Car seat , stroller - What kinds , Where from

Misha79

Reaction score
Hi all

This is our first and we have no idea about all that baby stuff we need.I rely on internet and forums.

For bigger and expensive stuff, I am not sure what kind is good.
Ex: Stroller with car seat: - Looked over internet about kinds, became all confused, checked out shops - babies R us, baby depot@BCP. .. More confused.
Some shops 'Babies R u' its more expensive like 300$ and so many options.We are literally baffled at all those options.

In my experience, at the most I have bought toys, baby clothes for baby showers. For our baby, I want to chase deals as its going to be lot of stuff.

Anyone with any suggestions?

There's a nice book called "baby bargains" that is helpful not only in getting deals but advises where to spend more money and less. Personally I think an infant car seat (with a handle and base) is helpful, though if you want to save money you could go straight to a convertible car seat. That said I'm really not a fan of travel systems as I think people become so accustomed to just moving their baby around in the car seat and never picking him up. My personal preference for quality and price for infant car seats (you're in the US I presume) is graco or chicco. I would then look at a stroller that can recline completely to accomadate a newborn but maybe is a little smaller / lightweight as the big bulky ones get annoying fast (but it depends what you are going to be using the stroller for-- do you want something more durable for more outside walking or quick trips to the mall and folding in the car?). You should also pick up a copy of consumer reports or subscribe online -- that's very helpful too! Good luck!

21 years experience here of being a parent and I can tell you that I used travel systems for previous children and I will with these twins. Oh and I did pick my babies up when they were little :) Might be a little hard to do now since they are 21 and 18

My 2 cents on the convertible car seat vs the travel system is with a convertible you must remove the baby and transfer it to the shopping cart, into the house, into the carrier etc.. while doing this you're bound to wake the baby.

With the travel system you can unclick the seat from the vehicle and place it straight onto the stroller without disturbing the sleeping baby.

For my sanity and the babies I would prefer not to wake the beast. In my case I will have 2 babies to be concerned about so its not even possible for me to have an empty hand to do my tasks if I am constantly carrying a baby.

We ended up getting the Baby Jogger City Select its very high quality. This can be used as a stand alone or a travel system. To make it a travel system we purchased the Britax B car seats that easily attach.

For the Cribs and Furniture we consulted Consumer reports online and purchased the highest rated for safety and or the recommended best buy based upon their tests.

We're getting a graco snug ride infant car seat, based on ratings. It will also attach to pretty much any stroller with an adapter, which I'll get just in case. We are getting a stroller, so I guess we will have a travel system, but I very rarely move my babies in their car seat. I prefer a woven wrap (baby carrier) and even if baby wakes for a minute, the carrier usually puts LO right back to sleep.
I figure we'll need the stroller for extended outings, definitely for our trip to disney world in Sept, and more often as the baby gets older - might as well get it now :) I am still deciding between the tike tech city x3, bob revolution and the baby jogger city elite...hard decision!
I'm buying almost everything from babies r us. I am registering for it (free shipping), then buying it because 10 weeks after your baby's due date they'll send you a gift card for 10% of what was spent off your registry. Probably not the best deal out there, but when I searched for what I wanted the prices were reasonable, and cheaper than some places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->