Car tax question?

baby_mama87

Reaction score
My car is two weeks out of date on tax, we have been so skint I haven't had the money to do it OH gets paid tomorrow so I was wondering if I drove my car to the dvla office (about 1.5 miles from home) could I get done? I've stupidly replaced my reminder so can't do it online.

Xxx

My car is two weeks out of date on tax, we have been so skint I haven't had the money to do it OH gets paid tomorrow so I was wondering if I drove my car to the dvla office (about 1.5 miles from home) could I get done? I've stupidly replaced my reminder so can't do it online.

Xxx

You can get caught and fined if you drive it, but you can just leaving it on the drive, if you don't tax our car you have to sworn it, so you could be facing a massive fine, as they tend to send them out automatically, although you could be given a few weeks grace, I dont know, you need it done ASAP though.

While I was visiting my mum, she put her old fiesta back on the road so I could have something to drive. It had no tax but it was SORN. She didn't have a reminder and we just drove it to the post office and bought it there and then. All we had to take was the MOT certificate, insurance documents and money. I don't think she needed anything else.

You can still do it online as long as you have your log book (V5). I have done this before, unless it's changed

Mine wouldn't let me do it online when it ran out during december 2010 (when we had that really heavy snow and were housebound for 3 weeks). I had to go to the post office to do it

I would do it at the Post Office. Even if you can do it online, it can take up to 5 days to arrive. They do fine you if you haven't declared a SORN, so I would get it done asap.

If you haven't got the renewal form, just take in the log book (registration document), insurance and MOT certificate x

i would go and do it at the post office, or the dvla place as soon as you can.

don't drive the car there though, either walk or get bus/taxi, you shouldnt be driving the car without it being taxed

don't do it online, you are late and you need the disc on the car asap

Thanks ladies got a lift sorted for in the morning!

Xxx

Aslong as you do take from begining of this month your ok and covered... i was worried about this too but dvla explained it x

you dont get a choice, it will be taxed from the beginning of this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->