• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Carrier only suitable for 8lbs+ ?

Loozle

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I ordered myself a baby k'tan carrier for my lo. It arrived today and I've noticed that in the instructions it says that the newborn carry is suitable from 8lbs upwards. Does anyone know why this is? DD was weighed today and is currently 6lb 7oz so still has quite a bit of weight to put on before she reaches 8lbs. I'm gutted about this 😞

it's just the standard. all the wraps have to say to start at 8lb, but you can use it earlier. i used mine right when my lo was born and it was great. just make sure you follow the instructions to put them in there nice and comfy and secure. maybe chin is not pushed into their chest. love my k'tan.

I had the same issue, they do gain weight super fast but I was brave enough to start wearing when lo reached about 6 lbs. Just make sure to follow the babywearing TICKS and keep them well supported and chin off chest :)

My wrap said 7+lbs in one place, 5+ in another, and 2+ in another (when talking about using with preemies). I used it on my preemie at 4+ just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->