carrying newborns

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
ok so i never carried leyla when she was newborn cos i dont know, it never really looked comfy when i watched videos and stuff, them having to have their legs bent up underneath them and then the carrier just wrapped under their bum

just curious as to how everyone who carired from newborn did it, which carriers? which carries etc

i have a stretchy wrap, stretchy ring sling (nearly lol) woven wrap and mei tai :)

x

Wow - what a collection!! :)

I'd massively recommend a Wilkinet for a NB. A friend lent me one, and I could use this from when George was born, whereas the Mei Tai seems too big for a NB IMHO (I worried he'd fall out the sides!!)
He still seems to prefer the Wilkinet to the MT, I think the MT will be better when he's bigger ;) xxxx

I had a Moby and wouldn't be without it for a newborn. Keeps them very secure and daddy loved it too x

I had a close baby carrier at first for Ellie. Now we use the mei tai.

We used a moby too and mostly did the kangaroo carry (https://www.mobywrap.com/t-instructions-Kangaroo.aspx) since she'd fall asleep on me and I didn't need to move her to wrap her to me with it :)

I have to say, when Jess was a newborn I wasn't ready to go anywhere! LOL so she'd get swaddled and carried around that way! but yeah, now that I have a moby I think it'd be great for a newborn. :)

I had a wilkinet for Rory when he was a newborn till about 3 months and LOVED it. I've got one for the new bubs too :)

ok so the moby is just a wrap isnt it? so i have one of those already, are they really comfy for the baby as thats my main worry, her having her legs all scrunched up in front of her, surely thats just uncomfy?

x

We have a Babyhawk but not sure how much use it will be when she is teeny....has anyone used one?

Off to have a look at the others you have all mentioned now :flower:

xxx

ok so the moby is just a wrap isnt it? so i have one of those already, are they really comfy for the baby as thats my main worry, her having her legs all scrunched up in front of her, surely thats just uncomfy?

x

Yep, it puts them in fetal position which is the comfiest :) Imi used to go to sleep almost instantly :)

Pops - I wouldn't have used a meitai with Imi as a newborn as I don't find it holds LO very securely. I liked the moby as she couldn't move anywhere :) Some people get on fine with them though x

I was wondering the same :)

I have a moby which i never used very much with Joshua. But im planning on wearing the new baby. What clothes do u put them in? Im having a winter baby? do u dress as normal to go out? Or a little less or what? Im worried about over heating

youd need to put them in one or maybe even two layers less than you generally would for outside,with a wrap they have 3 layers covering them but depending on thickness of your wrap that might only be same as two layers

x

deff a stretchy like a moby for a newborn, I wouldn't have been without mine. They are snuggly & soft. I use an MT with T now aswell, but still have to keep her legs tucked in as she's too small to have them out yet.

It might not look comfy them having their legs up in front of them but Edward voluntarily curled his up like that, they only straightened out when he was around 2 months xx

youd need to put them in one or maybe even two layers less than you generally would for outside,with a wrap they have 3 layers covering them but depending on thickness of your wrap that might only be same as two layers

x

Thanks! I thought as much but I'm a bit dumb sometimes! We'll both be nice and snuggly :D

i'll give it a go then, im having a right struggle finding a double pushchair so the new baby will just have to be carried until shes about 6months and leyla is walking everywhere

x

I used a lightweight cotton ring sling for the first few weeks with George - it was 37 degrees C plus. Although I believe a nearly naked newborn in a wrap cis OK as skin to skin helps them regulate their body temp (it would have been to hot for mummy though!)

It really cooled down for a few weeks when he was about 3 weeks old & I was happy to use the maitei - I had him with froggy legs & crossed/twisted the straps over his back rather than under his bum, he was very secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->