Catching a cold in first trimester?

Calcifer

Reaction score
My toddler is streaming with a cold, it's gross lol. She also has a temp. I'm worried i'll catch it, it's so hard to avoid she sneezed in my face earlier :dohh:

Anyone else ever have a cold this early in the first trimester and it be ok?

Yeah I remember having first tri colds with all mine. Unavoidable!
I've even had norovirus in the middle on 2nd tri with my 3yo and 1yo and was fine!

I have a cold. I only had the flu in Feb and now a cold smh. But i actually think being pregnant lowers our immune systems so im not surprised. Tea and honey, halls and viks. Its the only stuff lll use when im pregnant.

I had tonsillitis last week with a side of sniffles. Miserable but surviveable!
Keep paracetamol handy to bring temp down and drink plenty. Hope you don't catch it though :)

I always get sick in the early weeks. This time, I had one thing after another from before my BFP through 16 weeks along. It's aaaaaalways been just fine.

I've had 2 already, ugh. The first one went away and then came back with a vengeance three days later. Hoping not to get another one. With DS I was cold free until 40 weeks! (Although that really sucked too).

Hope everyone suffering with the annoying first trimester cold gets well soon!!

With my 2nd pregnancy, 7 years ago I had swine flu in the first trimester and although I felt awful everything was fine xx

I have a cold right now . It wont hurt baby it just sucks because you cant take medicine for it

With my 2nd pregnancy, 7 years ago I had swine flu in the first trimester and although I felt awful everything was fine xx

Wow how scary, i hear you get way more sick with the flu when pregnant

I seriously had a new cold turn up every 2-4 when I was pregnant with Emma. I also got the flu at 20 weeks and was almost hospitalised. It was a miserable pregnancy!

My c-section was almost postponed because I got so many colds and had a lovely one just before I was due to go in. Thank god it wasn't though because my uterus was falling apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->