Catnapping...

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Hi everyone, LO is now 4 months old. We've moved her into her own room this week and she's stated sleeping from 8-5:15am (yay!)

We have however exchanged our good naps for rubbish ones of 30 minutes up to 45. As she's been sleeping through (near enough) is this why she could be having bad naps? She's also just learned to roll and is trying to figure crawling, and teething! With all the extra activity it does mean she's getting tired quickly after a nap!

Do I just roll with the bad naps (means she has 4 naps instead of 3) or is it time to try forcing longer naps?!

Do I just roll with the bad naps (means she has 4 naps instead of 3) or is it time to try forcing longer naps?!

Hi Sarah!
My son is 6 months this weekend and he only started two weeks ago to have 1-2 hours naps. I would just go with the flow. I know some will say you have to have a routine for your day and naps have to be at the same time every day, but really? I mean, if she needs a nap, just put her down for one. Does it really matter if one day she has 4 naps instead of 3? Sometimes, there are days when they are more tired than others because of changes, milestones, teething...I wouldn't try to worry to much. You are the one who knows your baby best, just go with your instincts :thumbup:
By the way, my son was a catnapper who would sleep for 30mins, but would only stay awake for one hour! I felt like the only thing I did during the day was putting him down for naps! I knew it would get better and it did! He sometimes still have a 30-45 naps, but if he wakes up happy then I know he slept well enough.
Hope I was helpful! If not, then I hope someone can help you better. Glad she is sleeping well at night for you! We are still co-sleeping and I'm terrified of moving him to his crib :nope:

My advice is don't stress - there really is nothing you can do I imagine!

My LO is 4 months next week and has never been a good day sleeper but has always slept great at night and was STTN from 7 weeks for 12 hours. She will only have a 45 minute nap in the morning, around 60-80 minutes at lunch and bother nap late afternoon anywhere from 20-60 minutes. She is very happy and content and as she is sleeping so well at night, I leave her to it. She only gets unhappy if I try and force sleep upon her during the day.

My LO is 4 months next week and has never been a good day sleeper but has always slept great at night and was STTN from 7 weeks for 12 hours. She will only have a 45 minute nap in the morning, around 60-80 minutes at lunch and bother nap late afternoon anywhere from 20-60 minutes. She is very happy and content and as she is sleeping so well at night, I leave her to it. She only gets unhappy if I try and force sleep upon her during the day.

They aren't cat naps - they are really decent naps - particularly for four months!

Until last week when we moved lo from the crib in our room to the big cot in his, he was having 3 30 min naps a day. Now he is 2- 3 naps of 1-2 hours each. I just roll with it, sometimes he will wake & make noises & I leave him & he will go back to sleep after 5 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->