3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
2 lbs (1 kg) cauliflower, stemmed and cut into florets
4 cups (32 fl oz/1 L) vegetable stock
1 cup (4 oz/125 g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup (1 oz/30 g) crumbled blue cheese
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh, flat-leaf (Italian) parsley

In a soup pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and saute until softened and very lightly coloured, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and caraway seeds and saute for 1 minute. Do not let the garlic burn.

Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the cauliflower is softened, 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat.

In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until the cauliflower is smooth and the soup has a creamy consistency, then return the soup to the pot. Alternatively, process with a handheld blender in the pot until the desired consistency is reached. Whisk in the cheddar cheese to completely incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Return the soup to medium heat and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. To serve, ladle the soup into warmed bowls and sprinke with the blue cheese and a pinch of parsley. Serve immediately.

** I hate blue cheese, so I never add it to mine.. and it tastes just fine without, or if you want a little bit of shredded cheddar on top! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->