Cauliflower cheese.........?

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Ok i just had a thought of something else i could cook for tabs.
She loves the cow and gate cauliflower cheese in the jars but they only do a stage one but has been on stage 2 type meals for a while now...........
How would i make the sauce for cauliflower cheese myself? obviously for a baby etc?
I dont like the home made one my mum used to make bleugh! so i dont know where to start..........
any ideas?

I would like to know how to make cheese sauce and custartd for babies also?

hey u where u been
??????????????????????????????????

h x

I make cheese sauce like white sauce..

not sure on the quantities as i kinda just make it up....

Butter (maybe a desert spoonful scooped out)
Milk
Plain Flour
Grated Cheese

Heat a saucepan, with the butter until it has melted....slowly add some flour stirring constantly (don't burn the butter have a medium to low heat you can keep taking the saucepan off if you need whilst stirring).
You need to add enough flour so the butter mixes together into a small doughy non sticky ball.
Put back on the heat and add the milk bit by bit, stirring constantly the ball should melt and the sauce will begin to thicken, add enough milk for the constistency that you want.
Add the grated cheese and stir, not sure if babies can have mustard but if so then add a little english mustard.
The cheese will melt and then you can add to the cauliflower and bake in the oven....

I haven't made it for Amelia yet but i think thats how i would do it.

:)

I make cheese sauce like white sauce..

not sure on the quantities as i kinda just make it up....

Butter (maybe a desert spoonful scooped out)
Milk
Plain Flour
Grated Cheese

Heat a saucepan, with the butter until it has melted....slowly add some flour stirring constantly (don't burn the butter have a medium to low heat you can keep taking the saucepan off if you need whilst stirring).
You need to add enough flour so the butter mixes together into a small doughy non sticky ball.
Put back on the heat and add the milk bit by bit, stirring constantly the ball should melt and the sauce will begin to thicken, add enough milk for the constistency that you want.
Add the grated cheese and stir, not sure if babies can have mustard but if so then add a little english mustard.
The cheese will melt and then you can add to the cauliflower and bake in the oven....

I haven't made it for Amelia yet but i think thats how i would do it.

:)

Ooooooooooh thankyou sooooooooo thats great and sounds quite uncomplicated, even for me!..........lol ill let you know how i get on!

hey u where u been
??????????????????????????????????

h x

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sorry hun i did get your messages but only got internet this last week and was just popping on my mums pc's prior to that.

Doing ok,getting there really and still friggin have stuff to unpack!! its a case of i cant unpack it until i have some of the furniture bits i need and to get furniture bits i need money and the government wont give me any!! ARGH!
But oh well.
Anyway have you got facebook? if so gimme your name and ill add you as i always pop on there but i know if i pop on here it wont just be a quick pop if you get what i mean.
Anyway how are you and how is Tommy the Baaaaaaaaaby ;-)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I make it the same as the recipe above but if Im doing it quickly I dont bother putting it in the oven.Just steam/boil your cauliflower while youre making a cheese sauce then mix the sauce and the cauliflower together.Voila...cauliflower cheese xx

you're a domestic goddess Whisper! This is really helpful, thank you!

I've seen it on your videos! it's beautiful...compared to mine anyway lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->